2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair when not played alongside Gueye he did ok. I think him and Gueye wanted to play ssme role in a different way. Won't be first choice but can see him playing games as Gbamin will be needed at CB.

To be fair when not played alongside Gueye he did ok. I think him and Gueye wanted to play ssme role in a different way. Won't be first choice but can see him playing games as Gbamin will be needed at CB.
I’d be stunned if he left now, I’m not keen on him but he did ok at the tail end of last season. He’s always on the list to ship out, but he is the best player on that list I’m sure he will knuckle down and could have a decent season.

I think he's a decent player. Just don't think we should be having players on 100k a week who sit on the bench or start a handful of games each season. That's what happens when you buy players from teams like United and then realise you can't guarantee them 30 starts a season. It's also why I don't like the Delph signing.
I think he could well have Gueye spot in the team, when they played together it didn’t work, Gueye has gone and if Snides stays I can see him regularly in the team. He was good once and did show it again at the end of the season.

Reactions: gmb

Pretty funny that he's going to start the first game of the season again, almost two years after he was getting himself sent off on purpose and being kicked out of training sessions.

Complete joke of a player, especially on the wages he's paid.

Pretty funny that he's going to start the first game of the season again, almost two years after he was getting himself sent off on purpose and being kicked out of training sessions.

Complete joke of a player, especially on the wages he's paid.

.... Also though that season we as a club were a basketcase under Koeman and then Allardyce, and more recent history over the past few months seems to suggest Schneiderlin has knuckled down and he's been a reliable, if unspectacular, performer when called upon for us.

There's little to gain from selling him in August when it's likely we'd need him as defensive midfield back-up given the departures of Gueye, Besic and McCarthy.

.... Also though that season we as a club were a basketcase under Koeman and then Allardyce, and more recent history over the past few months seems to suggest Schneiderlin has knuckled down and he's been a reliable, if unspectacular, performer when called upon for us.

I want to see if he still has decent form out of the gate this year to make sure he wasn’t trying to get someone to buy him... but you could argue that Morgs did not respond to that hardish-man style of management anymore and maybe Marco has found a better way to get through to him.

can't believe he stayed...hopefuly some French time like Nice or Guingamp take him till 31 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.