2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... Also though that season we as a club were a basketcase under Koeman and then Allardyce, and more recent history over the past few months seems to suggest Schneiderlin has knuckled down and he's been a reliable, if unspectacular, performer when called upon for us.

There's little to gain from selling him in August when it's likely we'd need him as defensive midfield back-up given the departures of Gueye, Besic and McCarthy.
I'd get rid of him on principle, before he somehow manages to blag himself an extension.

There are some players that, as fans, we're just not having, and for me he's one of them. I remember rating him very highly at Southampton, but then he couldn't make an impact in a poor United side with next to no competition in midfield, and has only performed here in two spells where the team was sneaking up the table under no pressure, in seasons that were basically over in January.

I'd get rid of him on principle, before he somehow manages to blag himself an extension.

There are some players that, as fans, we're just not having, and for me he's one of them. I remember rating him very highly at Southampton, but then he couldn't make an impact in a poor United side with next to no competition in midfield, and has only performed here in two spells where the team was sneaking up the table under no pressure, in seasons that were basically over in January.

So you'd like to sacrifice league position on 'principle' Asterisks to that !!!!

And play Davies lol?

I am glad he is staying. His attitude has been better the last year or so and we definitely need the cover. Silva could even try and coach him how to be a covering CB if we got absolutely desperate. Get rid of the other dead wood first and keep Morgan for this season and see how it goes.

As long as he keeps his form towards the end of last year, we will be fine. He actually looked quiet well to be fair. I know he isn't the most consistent thing ever at this point of his career but lets just pray

Silva has managed him well. He’d gone right off the boil in the odd culture under Koeman and Allardyce but in fairness he came back stronger last season after Silva dropped him. He’ll probably start on Saturday.

I think we went about 5 games without conceding with him in last season. There's lots of shouts that Gana was the reason we didn't concede (which were partly true) but in that final third of the season this lad played a key part too.

He's never going to be able to do much more than sit in front of the back 4, protect them and distribute th ball from deep. However he does that job very well when he's focussed. I can see why Silva likes him and like you I think he will start and it will be his shirt to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.