Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only once we got linked I realised how young he, must admit I'm quite pleased with this signing, he adds a bit more to our game that we're lacking

I'm a risk-averse guy, and even I'm happier with this dice roll at the right price than I would have been with overpaying for the more proven commodity.

We have an attack. COYB.

His first touch and ability to hold onto the ball under pressure is exactly what made Bernard a fan favourite here last season.

Iwobi has that skill set and also the pace and strength to drive at a defender, something that the squad didn’t really have last year.

At £28m for a 23 year old I can definitely understand the signing.

I believe he will be pushing bernard and sig for competition.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world (perform or we will boo you off the park).

Amazing how the fee has moved from the reported 40m to 28m plus add ons.

....so chuffed with Silva’s comment on Iwobi because they mirror exactly what I say about players fitting a system the manager wants to play. We all have an opinion, but he is forming a team he wants to play in a certain way, with players who compliment each other.

It’s called a strategy. We didn’t have a transfer strategy under Walsh, we just bought footballers;

“Alex was one of our main targets for the window. He is a direct & skilful winger who fits exactly the profile of player I want in my model.”

Hallelujah.

his transfermarkt value is 25 mil € so us paying 30 mil is a bit much but still a good signing

Do you honestly think he was one of our main targets?

....Silva says he was one of our ‘main targets’, he then goes on to say he’s a ‘direct & skilful winger who fits exactly the profile of player I want in my team model’.

This suggests to me the he and Brands agree the ‘type’ of player they want and Brands goes out, identifies and acquires them. So the key target was a ‘direct & skilful winger’, probably a ball carrier who helps us counter-attack, especially away from home.

So yes, he was a key target.

Kind of regret saying he was a crap signing yesterday, just watched some clips and read what Arsenal fans think.

Tbh, I got him confused with the other black (ex?) striker they had who was mates with Barkley.

Only one question, why did Arsenal let him go?

Status
Not open for further replies.