Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Window's not over lads... Still have Mirallas, Niasse, Onyekuru and Bolasie to move out. Will we get actual money for any of them? How many will end up in Turkey?

There seem to have been rumours attached to all of them (Niasse/Trabzonspor, Bolasie/Bestikas, Onyekuru/Monaco and Galatasaray) except for Super Kev who seemingly nobody wants.

If we shift all 4 and it is 3 loans and an ~15m move for Onyekuru then by my math we will have almost zero net spend this window. 10m net spend on transfer fees and (7m) saved in wages.

We will have moved on ~23 players (albeit not permanently) and brought in 7. While reducing the squad age and improving the overall quality and potential.

From a man/money standpoint an impressive feat even if it did not have quite the flash we were hoping for at the end. The lack of CB depth/quality is the glaring concern.

Last edited:

We had a good window at the end of it. If someone had said we had gotten Moise Kean at the start of the window most wouldn't have believed that. We also have more depth and that's important. The only position that's a bit of a disappointment was center back. Would've hoped we could've got Zouma back but I trust in Mina and Keane at the back. The whole Zaha saga is the reason a lot on here are bed wetting. In the end I was always on the fence on him especially for the prices. Also we probably got carried away listening to Itks about him. We weren't as close as we thought and we weren't gonna pay their price. It was mostly sky talking out of their ass. I trust Brands and Silva to take us forward. Overall it was a good window for us now hopefully we take out more of the deadweight.

Very poor not to be able to get a CB in. To put all your eggs in the last week of window and not even be able to pull off target B and C is a shame.

If that was to be the case then we could have kept Jags till January.

I got a lot of middle fingers, but isn’t Mangala better than being an injury or two away from Holgate starting?

Even Gaz Cahill for 12 months would be better.

And that’s scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I'd agree with getting cahill for 12 months however palace signed him so we cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.