Digne
Gomes
Delph/Gbamin
Sigurdsson
Kean
Richarlison
Iwobi

That's the obvious starting XI now.

Which means we've been weakened in defence with the departure and non-replacement of Zouma; we are hoping Gueye wont be missed in midfield; and the attack has been upgraded.

That's not a successful transfer window.

How do you know that ? Seriously how do you know we’ve not been speaking to clubs for a long time ??
Yeah I don’t think anyone thinks they’ve been on holiday all summer, just that we obviously left it late to try to do deals. The fact that it’s an hour and a half after the window shut and one of the deals hasn’t actually been finalised yet kind of makes that indisputable really.

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Digne
Gomes
Delph/Gbamin
Sigurdsson
Kean
Richarlison
Iwobi

Which means we've been weakened in defence with the departure and non-replacement of Zouma; we are hoping Gueye wont be missed in midfield; and the attack has been upgraded.

Plus delph is injured and 2 others have never played a moment in English football

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Digne
Gomes
Delph/Gbamin
Sigurdsson
Kean
Richarlison
Iwobi

Come on be fair, we may score more than last season so conceding a few more at the other end may not be the end of the world. Let’s just wait and see. We needed a centre back that was clear, but he just have to hope we get through to Christmas with some luck in that position or look to see if there are any free agents. It’s not all doom and gloom.

Zaha would have been the icing on the cake. However, Bernard and Iwobi on the left, Richarlison and Walcott on the right, Kean and DCL up top, with Gomes, Gbamin, Iceland and Delph across the middle, is a well balanced squad. The only concern for me is not bringing in an experienced centre back.

Every manager in history has wanted about 3x as many players as they end up getting
True. Bet we knew we needed a replacement for Zouma ages ago. To get no-one - not even on loan seems pretty reckless. My only hope is that having looked at who was available and the prices, Brands has seen enough of Gibson to think he can do a job for the first team if called upon. I hope it's that, and not that we spent too long pursuing Zouma when it was a lost cause and failed to have any decent plan B

Come on be fair, we may score more than last season so conceding a few more at the other end may not be the end of the world. Let’s just wait and see. We needed a centre back that was clear, but he just have to hope we get through to Christmas with some luck in that position or look to see if there are any free agents. It’s not all doom and gloom.
I said earlier mate: on paper this is at best a stand still transfer window. And we wont get a January window.

Status
Not open for further replies.