• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to take a break, for me. Fuming.

As prosperity approaches Arsenal and Spurs with their quality signings.

A twilight spreads over Everton, and the men who have betrayed us:

Kenwright, Brands. Slip away into the night, hiding like cowards behind good stadium designs.

They leave us with no hope of being competitive for trophies or Europe.

Our only boss signings are Gomes and Kean. Weaker everywhere else.
Have you posted anything positive since you arrived? If so I haven't noticed. This is just weird

Interesting that Everton haven’t yet told the sky goons that their business is all done yet.

Probably still trying to convince Man Utd to get them out of the crap without having to lay out much doh
Even if our business was done I’m sure Everton don’t want our fans thinking that we aren’t working on targets right up until the deadline

So you're counting Kean as a winger and a forward in your calculation, he can only play in one position at a time though. If he doesn't play up front then it's DCL or Tosun so we are no better off there.

We've signed some good players this window but pretending, as it stands at least, that we are not short on the wing or at the back is disingenuous. An injury to Richarlison or Keane and we're struggling, imo.
100% this. Cannot get my head round people who just will not accept any suggestion that things aren't absolutely brilliant. Get painted as some weirdo who wears a tin foil hat for saying that losing 2 key players and buying a couple of people to hopefully replace them isn't necessarily what you were hoping we might do.

Think it's been a good window. But.... For me I genuinely think we are only one or two away from making a good go of it this season and that's where its become frustrating. Chelsea, man utd and the arsenal I believe are catchable this season.
were catchable...now they are miles in front...it will be a boring city reds spurs...then fight between United and arsenal for fourth...

We don't have that luxury because if Richarlison has a great season, and\or if Keane takes the Premier League by storm it won't be long before we have huge bids coming in for them.

We have to build fast otherwise we won't be able to convince our best players to stay and fend off advances from CL clubs.

If we just grow steadily all the time we'll just end up becoming an exciting feeder club as the elite clubs pick off our best players every 2-3 years.

Bad idea.

Brands has already said its a long term plan. So if you want it all now then you dont back Brands...

Cant build a team in one season...now have decent depth in positions needed...aside from CB.

Nope he only played center forward there.

You guys know you can look these things up right?

Im pretty confident he played wide in at least 5 or 6 games for them...despite that (from memory but probably available for you to google) i think he was joint top scorer for them...or one or two off.

You know, you can watch the games right? Even Serie B is available online let alone Serie A ;)

Watch the games he was in and then disagree with me...

Lookman did literally nothing last season. Convenient stick to beat the club with but he will be missed as much as bolasie and the rest of the no marks on the books.

I think we can push them but it hinges on mina, if he can come into the defense, stay fit and replicate the partnership with Keane then we should pick up where we left off last season. Weve got a good run of games early doors, absolutely have to start right and beat palace, then go from there. Zaha wont be starting on Saturday and hes usually a nightmare for us so hopefully we get off to a winning start. Looking forward to seeing how our forwards do now we have a striker who is capable of finishing.
Yeah I agree about lookman but a lot of us feel Walcott isn’t all that too so would have liked a winger. An we do have a good start to the season. Hopefully we can get as many points as possible an build the confidence an if we start like we finished last season we are in for a good season. I just don’t feel like we have the squad depth to challenge the top 6 but I hope am wrong.

I recon Moise Kean has lost his head, was told prior to signing that Zouma, Zaha and Docoure would be joining him in the starting line up.

Sorry mate, it maybe Rojo... welcome to everton

Status
Not open for further replies.