Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a neutral's perspective, I think Everton have had a decent window overall.

Gueye and Zouma will be huge misses but you've replaced Gueye very well in my opinion. Mina will have to step up to the plate and replace Zouma now.

Kean clearly has bags of talent, there are going to be question marks over whether he can adapt to the Premier League but given time I'm in no doubt he'll score plenty and get through plenty of running.

A positive window, you should be able to continue your form from the back end of last season.

I don’t think we could have done much more with regard to getting zaha. His agent needs sacking (even if it is his brother) a gentlemen’s agreement means nothing. He should have had a clause inserted in his last contract, that is legally binding. We have put all our eggs in one basket, zaha wanted to come here, but palace refused to sell. I’m more annoyed about zouma to be honest, we knew weeks ago he wasn’t coming and immediately should have made this a priority area, as it is we’re scratching around with a couple of hours to go, for United’s 5th choice centre half who can’t stay fit. Brands has taken a lot of credit since he’s been at the club, but he’s made a mess of this frankly.

We could of paid the proper money for him. It’s all BS

If no more come in, besides the potential in Kean, which might not be realised for a year or two, I'd say its a disappointing window overall. DCL may possibly be a first choice striker for a while. Gbamin will need to adapt to the league, which could take however long? (unless he surprisingly hits the ground running) Delph is injured already. Mina has 8 more metatarsals to snap over the next season to keep him busy too. I feel the plan we had was probably a good one, but either teams didn't want to sell, or they wanted too much money for our targets. Maybe 8th could be our realistic expectation for this season again? It's just another typical missed opportunity summer as an Everton supporter I guess. Not being a bed weeter, just a bit deflated as I thought things had changed and we could finally be genuinely optimistic about our coming season

Hundreds of games watched with the like of Drenthe, Osman, Heitinga or Niasse and you've still got the tenacity to complain about where we stand right now?

Sure the motto is NSNO and all but i for one feel like we are stronger than last year, cant wait to see how this goes.

It's where the RS are in relation though. My little lad is the only blue in his class and it is doing my head in that we cannot compete properly.
He already enjoys watching City, who actually beat that shower.

Whilst I don't necissarily think it's the end of the world that we've missed out on Zaha and will potentially be ending the window with no other signings, it'd be one hell of an anti-climax like lol

With about an hour left to go:

The positives - on the whole we signed good players at reasonable prices (which in a world where prices have gone mad is a real plus). We might finally have an answer at Striker.

The negatives - no matter how you cut it, failing to bring in a center half and a winger is very poor.

Have we gained on those above us? Probably not, have to assume Kean will need some time to adjust. It is a shame to because it feels like there was an opportunity to do so.

Have we lost ground to those equal to or below us? Probably not.

So all in all an okay window bolstered by the fact we did nothing stupid (unless we sign Rojo for 25m) and acquired an exciting, young striker.

Worth wetting the bed? Absolutely not.

Reasonable to feel we should have done more? Absolutely.

This. Good post mate

Status
Not open for further replies.