• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I'm not having that really.

We've shown plenty of ambition by pressing for Zaha. £70m was offered, plus players. The deal was by decent accounts ready to go until Palace pulled the plug - leading to Zaha's request. We may have gone back in or may have not.

My main worry isn't 'ambition'. I hate the friggin phrase. We've shown plenty of it.

But, what we don't seem to have done - at the moment - is had our ducks in a row. And that is a problem.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong in three hours.
Yes but in the last 2 days we’ve offered 100mil fir players if you believe the rumours. So if we aren’t in for Zaha anymore who are we going for?

Silva wants another midfielder, we bid for doucoure and iwobi, today nodody.

Yes we got Kean, that a fantastic signing but he’s 19yr and will need time to adjust. We are desperate fir the quality attacker who can come in and hit the ground running.

A few injuries abs we could be left with DCL & Walcott either side of a 19yr old and Tom Davies behind them. That would be a disaster.
I’m not giving up hope, but it’s not looking good

Because until yesterday I reckon there was a good chance Zouma was coming back
I don't think so. My - completely unITK - opinion is that we've tried to play a dangerous game of chicken with Chelsea over Zouma, thinking we'd leave it as late as possible to see if they changed their mind and then move for Tomori if it was a definite no. We've thought this was a pretty foolproof strategy because they'd definitely let one of them go. Luiz moving has thrown that plan out of the window because Chelsea have decided to keep them both, and we've been left returning a load of calls from agents from months ago trying to sort out bringing in a player who we hadn't even considered up until that point.

Yes but in the last 2 days we’ve offered 100mil fir players if you believe the rumours. So if we aren’t in for Zaha anymore who are we going for?

Silva wants another midfielder, we bid for doucoure and iwobi, today nodody.

Yes we got Kean, that a fantastic signing but he’s 19yr and will need time to adjust. We are desperate fir the quality attacker who can come in and hit the ground running.

A few injuries abs we could be left with DCL & Walcott either side of a 19yr old and Tom Davies behind them. That would be a disaster.
I’m not giving up hope, but it’s not looking good

We're not disagreeing?

But we've shown ambition. My problem is at the moment we don't appear to have back up options in place. That's got little to do with 'ambishunnn lad'

Still time for a little reunion yet.

Make it happen Marcel.

Good grief. I can’t wait for this window to be over.

Whatever players we end up with when it’s all said and done will get equal BOOs. I’ll trust the judgement of M&M until they give me reason not to.

Above all else don’t forget this is football, and we’re Everton - I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kean on loan at Torino by the end of the season, while Rojo is receiving our POTY award.

Anything can happen...

No insider trading here! But... I have a feeling that, soon we’re about to hear news about Palace signing a replacement, (Sarr) and Zaha being reported on Merseyside.
Might be way off like.

Getting to close for comfort this. Might not even get Rojo in at this rate.

Mate. There are literally 15 minutes between these two posts

Make your mind up

Status
Not open for further replies.