Transfer Rumour Steven Bergwijn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brands has denied it, not sure how reliable this is and guess Brands has more to do today than talk to the press

Brands has denied it, not sure how reliable this is and guess Brands has more to do today than talk to the press

Don't fully understand this, thank God, but it seems to be saying that Brands has been doing some last minute poging willen wagen. I don't know what this is, but it sounds absolutely disgusting. I for one have done any poging with anybody, least of all with their willen wagen. You'd think Brands would have something less sleazy to do at this point in the window.

DISGUSTED of Runcorn

Don't fully understand this, thank God, but it seems to be saying that Brands has been doing some last minute poging willen wagen. I don't know what this is, but it sounds absolutely disgusting. I for one have done any poging with anybody, least of all with their willen wagen. You'd think Brands would have something less sleazy to do at this point in the window.

DISGUSTED of Runcorn
My brain

Don't know enough about him to comment...but I've given Brands the benefit of the doubt so far. So we'll have to see if he signs first and then if he's any good

I’d take Bergwijn for a fraction of the Zaha price and lob the rest at a quality CB
So it’s a big yes from me
I really want Zaha because I'm convinced he would take us up a level. I get why people are nervous about the fee and wages, but if we are going to seriously compete properly for top 4 we have to take that risk at some stage. the reason why it has to be Zaha for me is that he'll come here. Nobody else of his ability in their prime would come to us at the moment. Even if they did, they would likely cost more than Zaha in both fee and wages.

I think we now have a very good first XI, the striker was the missing cog. That's why I think we are now in a position to take that next step. Also there are question marks over 3 of the top 6, so there has never been a better time to challenge for that top 4. If you are serious about wanting us to be top 4 you have to accept that this is the type of purchase we now need to make, and these are the sort of salaries that we have to pay. Palace had to pay him £130k pw just to keep him there ffs.

Having said that, if we don't succeed with bringing in Zaha I will see that as an opportunity missed. But if we manage to bring in Bergwijn and a top central defender in his place, then I will still be a very happy bunny come 5pm, and it will still be by a mile our best ever transfer window.

Wideman and CB still required by close of business.

I really want Zaha because I'm convinced he would take us up a level. I get why people are nervous about the fee and wages, but if we are going to seriously compete properly for top 4 we have to take that risk at some stage. the reason why it has to be Zaha for me is that he'll come here. Nobody else of his ability in their prime would come to us at the moment. Even if they did, they would likely cost more than Zaha in both fee and wages.

I think we now have a very good first XI, the striker was the missing cog. That's why I think we are now in a position to take that next step. Also there are question marks over 3 of the top 6, so there has never been a better time to challenge for that top 4. If you are serious about wanting us to be top 4 you have to accept that this is the type of purchase we now need to make, and these are the sort of salaries that we have to pay. Palace had to pay him £130k pw just to keep him there ffs.

Having said that, if we don't succeed with bringing in Zaha I will see that as an opportunity missed. But if we manage to bring in Bergwijn and a top central defender in his place, then I will still be a very happy bunny come 5pm, and it will still be by a mile our best ever transfer window.

You know what I found myself not disagreeing with any of this, I guess my worry isn’t even the price for Zaha but the time - if we don’t get Zaha and then don’t get an alternative due to the effort on Zaha I’ll be worried
Think I’m actually going to ban myself from being on the site until the window sLaMS ShuT because my heart can’t take it

Our best ever window was 07/08 Summer.

Jags / Baines / Pienaar / Yakubu and Howard made perm.

That was brilliant business and almost saw us win the FA Cup, but for some cruel and horrendous injuries to key players.
At a time when United and Chelsea where level with the great Barcelona team too.

Don't believe the hype with this lad.
Followed him closely and imo he'll end up being another Klassen if he moves to the PL.

Our best ever window was 07/08 Summer.

Jags / Baines / Pienaar / Yakubu and Howard made perm.

That was brilliant business and almost saw us win the FA Cup, but for some cruel and horrendous injuries to key players.
At a time when United and Chelsea where level with the great Barcelona team too.
Aye that was a good one. Forgot we bought all those players in the same window.

Bad injuries to Jags, Arteta and Yakubu, the spine of the team, basically ruined any realistic chance of victory that day.

Aye that was a good one. Forgot we bought all those players in the same window.

Bad injuries to Jags, Arteta and Yakubu, the spine of the team, basically ruined any realistic chance of victory that day.

3 of those 5 are club legends in all bar trophies won.
If we signed 3 players today of Baines, Jagielka and Pienaar quality, we could challenge for the title.

You know what I found myself not disagreeing with any of this, I guess my worry isn’t even the price for Zaha but the time - if we don’t get Zaha and then don’t get an alternative due to the effort on Zaha I’ll be worried
Think I’m actually going to ban myself from being on the site until the window sLaMS ShuT because my heart can’t take it
That's a risk. You'd hope if we haven't agreed a fee with Palace by now, then Brands would be prepared to walk away and go with Plan B. No idea if there is any substance to this lad being Plan B,

Just been on SSN now saying things are amazingly quiet at FF. They said the same thing before Pearl Harbour so their still hope
lol

DISGUSTED of Runcorn

poging willen wagen= wants to attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.