Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if we'd see Palace come out and publicly reject the transfer request within a few hours of it going in. I'd have thought it's unlikely they'll do so now, suggesting they're resigned to it.

Just give them what they want. This signing would be a great statement of intent, would improve us massively and would have the vast majority of fans positive and on the same page for the first time in aeons. We've already had Juve's pants down with Kean, so I wouldn't mind letting Palace get a good price for their best player and talisman.

I wondered if we'd see Palace come out and publicly reject the transfer request within a few hours of it going in. I'd have thought it's unlikely they'll do so now, suggesting they're resigned to it.

Just give them what they want. This signing would be a great statement of intent, would improve us massively and would have the vast majority of fans positive and on the same page for the first time in aeons. We've already had Juve's pants down with Kean, so I wouldn't mind letting Palace get a good price for their best player and talisman.

Yep if we want him that bad we will have to pay it and get it done quick.

Wait a minute - if we bid 70m pounds on Zaha, id actually rather have lukaku back than zaha at that price.

I think inducing the player to forgo his loyalty bonus and skip training indicates our appeal to top talent. The rest is out of our control. What are we supposed to do? Threaten to burn the ground down if they don't do what we say?
Serious and ruthless operators would have got the deal done regardless.

We seem to be flapping around looking, or appearing to look for alternatives. Players already linked with other clubs. From that I would deduce the message to Wilf remains the same; You can go we get a good enough bid, we don't like Everton's bid (either the amount or the structure) but we are working on the basis that they might meet expectations in which case we're trying to get some suitable replacements lined up. Unless all that happens, you'll have to stay for a while longer. None of that seems satisfactory to anyone. I'm not ITK in any way, just my take from what seems to be going on this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.