Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he puts in a transfer request they can just refuse it cant they? We did it with stones. They wanted 80m, sounds like we are offering close to it, now they increase it by 20million. Just knock it on the head and leave it there Everton. Hes not worth 80m, they're sniffing glue if they think hes worth 100m.

Parish is playing silly buggars now.

We have left it late which is very annoying. But Palace will get nowhere near to £100m for Zaha from a Euro club. Parish is shooting himself in the foot out of stubbornness.

£70m will be the most we'll go I imagine. That was a bloody good deal, and they've turned it down.

And if Zaha is as "furious" as is being made out, then they'll do well to get £40m+ from a dortmund or the like, cos no-one with really money in Europe will be after him.

100 mil ahahah, 70 mil plus two players was utter madness in the first place.

Mental how Crystal Palace we’re going into administration in 2010 and now are knocking back 70 million with two players on top.

I agree with a lot of this - this isn't a Bolasie situation, as Zaha will definitely improve us.

I just don't like the idea of Everton being taken for mugs after making real progress with our reputation in the market the last two summers.
Understand what you mean, but Palace are holding all the aces here, we would be screaming to do the same if we were in the same situation.
Zaha has only just signed a long contract and Palace are not desperate for cash as they have just had a pay day from Man Utd for the full back.

Absolutely no chance in hell Palace are getting £100m from us or anyone, Parrish may have just screwed their season up by trying to be a Billy Big Balls, can’t imagine Hodgson is too happy about things either

Think Ed Aarons is talking tosh there tbh. Everton wouldn't be offering a deal that includes McCarthy today when he is already there having a medical for a perma deal that was already agreed yesterday. He has plucked that one out of his ass just like the location of sky sources and many others.

We have left it late which is very annoying. But Palace will get nowhere near to £100m for Zaha from a Euro club. Parish is shooting himself in the foot out of stubbornness.

£70m will be the most we'll go I imagine. That was a bloody good deal, and they've turned it down.

I think we've left it late because Zaha's top 6 move prospects evaporated and he saw us as the next best option, which probably wasn't confirmed until fairly recently

Spot on Toff, he's worth 60/65m in the current market and 70m is a great deal. I thought they might have a gentleman's agreement with him tbf considering he wanted to go last summer as well so I'm surprised they've taken this stance.

One things for sure, they'll be lucky to get anything close to 50m from a European club so like you said I think they've kissed a good 20/25m away.

If he keeps them up I guess it's worth it but they've totally priced him (unrealistically priced) out of a move so I don't think he'll be a happy chappy

Think we have the same thought process as Brands and Silva with regards to Zaha. Big money but what a signing he would be.
A player who in the next three seasons (barring injury) will hit his peak; and if he does it for us for a couple of seasons we'd recoup all the fee and then some. A goal scorer and provider, and a player who is genuinely thrilling to watch. I see no down side here. The fee is large but that's the nature of the industry, we cant do anything about that.

We seem to be in a bidding war with ourselves here. No reports of any other interest apart from Arsenal (before Pepe) who offered less than half of Palace's current asking price.
Walk away, for now. He'll be available for 50 mill in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.