Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same with Zouma, hope I’m wrong but maybe that’s why we have gone in big for Doucoure & Zaha. As we will be loaning the RB & CB. Just hope it’s not one of Utd’s
I wonder if it'll be a case of waiting until January for Zouma, seeing as though Rudiger is out for at least a couple of more months yet.

Not ridiculous, only Arsenal, City, The [Poor language removed] and maybe spurs have a better attacking options, It's up there.

Only issue we have is depth, but I think when we're in europe that will be addressed.

We need to shift Walcott, Baines and Lewin next season.
If we got Zaha

---Zaha-----------------Richo---
---------------Kean----------------
----Delph---------------Sig-------
------------------?------------------
LD---------?--------?---------SC

The quality of play would be incredible, up there competing with the best in europe
But we're realistically looking at 8-6 until the central defensive positions are sorted.

If we get to sixth, surely the defenders will come knocking.

This is a very good point. I'm a Silva fan but if we get Zaha and Zouma in, for instance, and he's having that spell like he did in the middle third of last season then he's gone.

Whilst he will want top players, it starts to pile the pressure on. Can he handle it?

Yeah no way he gets away with that December to mid Feb form this season.

If we got Zaha

---Zaha-----------------Richo---
---------------Kean----------------
----Delph---------------Sig-------
------------------?------------------
LD---------?--------?---------SC

The quality of play would be incredible, up there competing with the best in europe
But we're realistically looking at 8-6 until the central defensive positions are sorted.

If we get to sixth, surely the defenders will come knocking.
You have Delph in that ahead of Gomes?

I'd say there's some opportunism with Doucoure. It's why I don't think we will "move on". I'm not sure the manager wants another midfield player, I think at this stage he wants Doucoure and believes he is attainable. Given his age and profile, he will come straight in and be a first team choice. He will be a big improvement on what we have. I can see why Silva is keen. I suspect some encouragement has been given by the player hence why we are considering it.

You can only imagine they are confident of having a buyer for McCarthy (lots of firm interest reported) and Besic. Maybe Schneiderlin too. Seems an awful lot of movement but it's not inconceivable.

It suggests to me Zouma is off the cards too, so we are probably better getting to grips with that reality.

Usually around mid week teams start to play starters v non Starters in training and working on specific tactics for the weekend game so Zouma’s going to have an idea if he’s starting which could be the difference between him pushing for a move or not.

If we finish lower than 8th this season then it will have been a very poor season. If we spend the rumoured £100m+ over the next 48 hours and still finish lower than 8th then it will have been an unmitigated disaster and many, many, heads will roll.
Thing is if we spend all that its a cup we need or top 4, just getting 6th and into Europe isnt really success. However my point remains, this window is showing you dont need Europe to attract players

Source?
[/QU
Can’t see the midfield shouts personally. Gomes Gbamin Delph Siggurdson all expecting first team football. Schneiderlin and Davies still trusted by the manager. Bernard potentially dropping into number 10. Besic and McCarthy still not moved on yet. I can’t see why we’d want to add another first team player to that. I’m all for squad strength but there’s going to be 20 million pound midfielders sat on the bench if we’re not careful.
If we are able to sign Zaha then we will have a forward three of Richarlison, Kean and Zaha... a lot of pace there but apart from Richarlison I am not sure how much defensive work they will do.We will have Coleman and Digne as well... more pace and attacking threat.

I cannot help but feel if that were to happen our central midfield may be stronger on defence and ball winning than creativity, you could see Gomes play, Gbamin as well and certainly Doucere if he were signed but it could leave Sigurdsson less certain of a starting place.

Mate we literally have 2 senior centre backs, Keane and an injury prone Yerry Mina. That’s pretty scary with just over 48 hours of the window and no concrete links to another centre half. We’ve signed 3 central midfielders already, haven’t shifted any of the other collection of central midfielders that are eating up our wage bill, and we’re prioritising another midfield player?

I can’t be the only one confused here surely?

We’ve heard from Moshiri himself that we need to cut the wage bill, and yet we’re now signing the likes of Delph on 120k a week which most on here are now saying will be a bench warmer, and rumours we’re agreeing to give Zaha 200 grand a week?

Something seems off here I haven’t a clue what the current plan is.
[/QUOTE]

Its only confusing if we don't sign a centre half and we don't sell a few of the other centre mids. Give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.