Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great to get three but I'd settle for RB / CB at this stage. It's difficult on the last day as things can break down just as quickly as they develop.

I'm confident that we still still go on to do good deals and have further confidence that we won't sign anyone for the sake of getting bodies in - that's the big temptation on deadline day to appease fans but in terms of incomings at least both this summer and last its been hard to argue with Brands so far.

The operation looks targeted, disciplined, and co-ordinated so credit where it's due.

RONY EFFIN WHO ???
D3AE7DA3-C5C6-43A4-91C6-96AC8E3B1528.jpeg

Seems there are a lot of similarities with Doucoure and for whatever reason we are not ruling out another midfielder. (I do wonder if this is to cover fro Schneiderlin if he were to leave alongside McCarthy & Besic).

Kessie may well have a higher ceiling than Doucoure, but with Doucoure you are getting a very versatile player who knows the league inside out. It's a hard balancing act. I'd be delighted with either (but really like Doucoure).

the thing is, if we get rid of schneiderlin, we don't have any defensive midfielders for if we'd want to play like that. Been well documented silva had capoue to do that job in his 4-3-3, would he want two powerful box-to-box midfielders alongside siggurdsson in a middle 3?

2 of Doucoure, Gbamin, Gomes and Delph? That's quite a lot of strength in depth, too much for me. I mean Siggurdsson has to play in the 3 surely? Otherwise there's no goals in that middle 3 and not too much creativity tbh. We won't be shoehoring siggurdsson out wide either, surely, so where does our most creative player then play?

Status
Not open for further replies.