• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players need time to bed in, that we agree on, bad players will never bed in, quality players should be up and running by matchday 2.

This fella has no excuses.

NONE.

I dont want him sacked, I want him to do his job.
Completely disagree. All players need to be acclimatised to their new surroundings: training complex, new team mates, dimensions of the home ground and nearness/distance of crowd, and above all pace of league. Doubly so if you're just 19.

I'm not sure. In the coming days, on paper, maybe. By the season's end we'll be no less than 7th. I'm just cautioning against ultra high expectations in the first half of the season.
I wouldnt say its ultra high expectations, weve been utter tripe for one and a half seasons out of 2 and finished 8th both times, With the players weve signed we should be really looking to kick on this season. My original point was now we dont have any excuses not too.

As if we haven’t laughed at ourselves for the eye-watering amount of money that fat spiv Koeman and the P.E teaching gargoyle spunked up the wall.

I can't laugh about it, I still haven't come to terms with it even now.
When you look back at all those years we had NO money and were qualifying for Europe and were "just" a decent CF away from having a top drawer side, it just shows that being a good player does not make you a good manager. We should have twigged when golf came before the club
We will be paying for Koeman and Walsh for a while yet.

I wouldnt say its ultra high expectations, weve been utter tripe for one and a half seasons out of 2 and finished 8th both times, With the players weve signed we should be really looking to kick on this season. My original point was now we dont have any excuses not too.
...yes, after a fashion.

I just dont want to see Silva under pressure from a situation he didn't create.

We could do very well early on. I'm not ruing it out. But I'm not expecting it. That's it really.

Players need time to bed in, that we agree on, bad players will never bed in, quality players should be up and running by matchday 2.

This fella has no excuses.

NONE.

I dont want him sacked, I want him to do his job.
He is doing his job.

You were (correctly) pleading earlier for fans to be patient with Kean as it is bound to take him time to bed in, now you are saying that as a 'quality player' he should be up and running by matchday 2.

Which is it ?

...yes, after a fashion.

I just dont want to see Silva under pressure from a situation he didn't create.

We could do very well early on. I'm not ruing it out. But I'm not expecting it. That's it really.
I like Silva and actually think he could be the man to take us where we want to be.
In two summers Brands has increased the quality no end.

As i said before, its over to you Marco!

He is doing his job.

You were (correctly) pleading earlier for fans to be patient with Kean as it is bound to take him time to bed in, now you are saying that as a 'quality player' he should be up and running by matchday 2.

Which is it ?

Hes 19 mate, he might be a quality player, but hes still a new lad learning the game. But I do expect him to at least learn the system by matchday 2, that doesnt mean I expect him to be BLAMMOing from day 1.

He gets LOADS of leeway from me, if its not working I expect Silva to make something else work.

I wont be demanding miracles from a 19 year old new to the league.

Silva has been a manager for 7 years, hes spent the last 3 in this country, he simply doesnt get the same leeway Moise Kean gets.

And im not even demanding miracles, 7th place is a pretty easy target to hit if you have a clue how to manage.

Hes 19 mate, he might be a quality player, but hes still a new lad learning the game. But I do expect him to at least learn the system by matchday 2, that doesnt mean I expect him to be BLAMMOing from day 1.

He gets LOADS of leeway from me, if its not working I expect Silva to make something else work.

I wont be demanding miracles from a 19 year old new to the league.

Silva has been a manager for 7 years, hes spent the last 3 in this country, he simply doesnt get the same leeway Moise Kean gets.

And im not even demanding miracles, 7th place is a pretty easy target to hit if you have a clue how to manage.
So he doesn't have to be up and running by matchday 2 then, and if/when he isn't, Silva gets the blame for the lack of goals. Right OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.