Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're signing better players WITHOUT European football under Brands, in comparison with European football under Walsh.

Imagine what our signings will be like in the future when we're knocking on the door of top 5/6.

Quiet exciting actually.
In a coupe of years that big new stadium will be on the horizon too, that's got be an attraction surely

In that quote he doesn’t state his preference he just merely and objectively states what we used last season and how we were able to be a threat against the opposition using the 4231 system.

And I disagree that our pressing will be better in a 4231 opposed to a 433 where he plays with a 1-2 in the midfield. Having 2 CMs with the freedom to push on forward with a CDM that sits in behind them would make our press even more lethal compared to having Gylfi covering the whole width of the field on the press by himself.

Having more players available to press by changing formation slightly to his more preferred formation also lessens/completely removes the need for a player like Gana who is able to cover all the ground that Gylfi can’t on his own. If we play 2 pressing CMs that cuts that area to cover in half and we could easy slot in a player with less of an engine than Gana

He also says he makes his formation based on the players he has, our record signing and most productive player cost us 45m, so it stands to reason we fit the tactics to fit him in.

If and when the Viking leaves, we may then possibly see a shift.

In that quote he doesn’t state his preference he just merely and objectively states what we used last season and how we were able to be a threat against the opposition using the 4231 system.

And I disagree that our pressing will be better in a 4231 opposed to a 433 where he plays with a 1-2 in the midfield. Having 2 CMs with the freedom to push on forward with a CDM that sits in behind them would make our press even more lethal compared to having Gylfi covering the whole width of the field on the press by himself.

Having more players available to press by changing formation slightly to his more preferred formation also lessens/completely removes the need for a player like Gana who is able to cover all the ground that Gylfi can’t on his own. If we play 2 pressing CMs that cuts that area to cover in half and we could easy slot in a player with less of an engine than Gana
It allows us to switch to a 442 off the ball and I think if you look at the Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/Man United games at the end of the season you see the value of it. Having Sigurdsson pressing high up almost as though he was a striker while our wide men dropped a little deeper than usual to restrict the space of their wide men. I thought it was very similar to the way Simeone organises his Atlético side to press and I’d regard them as one of the best sides about at doing that.

It allows us to switch to a 442 off the ball and I think if you look at the Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/Man United games at the end of the season you see the value of it. Having Sigurdsson pressing high up almost as though he was a striker while our wide men dropped a little deeper than usual to restrict the space of their wide men. I thought it was very similar to the way Simeone organises his Atlético side to press and I’d regard them as one of the best sides about at doing that.
It was very much the Simeone system but without anywhere near the same discipline in the midfield pressing. Gueye covered those holes often so his absence means improvement in that area is a requirement.

It was very much the Simeone system but without anywhere near the same discipline in the midfield pressing. Gueye covered those holes often so his absence means improvement in that area is a requirement.
Yeah without Gueye we need a change of system to be fair but perhaps Gbamin can provide that

Status
Not open for further replies.