Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem is Lacazette and Aubameyang are top class players, we can't get that type of player here. Pepe was very very good in France last year so could also be good but again we aren't getting that calibre of player here. Just need to carry on improving our team and trying to chip away, if Arsenal and United don't improve their defence then it could help us. I do think we will get another winger in, whether it be Malcom, Zaha or another to help lighten the load
Yeah I agree, but obviously we need to find a way to compete. The 35 the poster was talking about included 15 goals from a 19 year old in his first season in England and Bernard scoring 5 times as many as he did last year. Both of those are quite generous I think. Zaha is not necessarily my first choice player but he's someone who might get you 10 goals which changes the complexion of things slightly. Last year we lost a lot of tight games in our bad run just by not being able to score enough goals, a bit more firepower could make a big difference to us.

People seem to assume without Gana-type midfielder (which the vast majority of class teams don’t have) we’d never be able to defend or win games. Confusing.
Can't disagree but in his absence our midfield has looked porous. Actually we looked porous even when Gana played!

What? Who do you actually think we are?
Let’s just pack in and be happy with mid table. Get bill back in charge and moyes. You can have one of the limited edition finishing 10th DVD for the 2021 season.

On a serious note, we are trying to break the top 6/4 and we need goals. And another wide player who’s capable of another 15 goals is a must

So Malcom going to Russia, we won’t offer any more for Zaha: who will be our winger? Who else we been linked with?

Yeah I agree, but obviously we need to find a way to compete. The 35 the poster was talking about including 15 goals from a 19 year old in his first season in England and Bernard scoring 5 times as many as he did last year. Both of those are quite generous I think. Zaha is not necessarily my first choice player but he's someone who might get you 10 goals which changes the complexion of things slightly. Last year we lost a lot of tight games in our bad run just by not being able to score enough goals, a bit more firepower could make a big difference to us.
Actually having a striker who seems to know how to hit the net (I know he's young and going to be getting used to the league) will help us I think, Say we get 10 from Kean, 15 from Richarlison, 5 from Walcott, 5 from Bernard and 5-10 from DCL that isn't too bad throwing in probably another 10-15 from Siggy and bits and bobs from around the team I can see us getting about 65-70 goals this year in the league, but yeah I agree I think we will get another winger who may pop up with between 5-10 so will help us again

Status
Not open for further replies.