Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s full backs that Palace need, we’d be more likely to get it done if we offered Holgate - but obviously we are short there too.

Not that any of this is true btw.

'IT WON'T BE ENOUGH TO CONVINCE PALACE TO SELL'
SSN reporter Kaveh Solhekol tells us whether Everton are likely to succeed with their latest bid to sign Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha.
"I'm not sure that this will be enough to convince Crystal Palace to sell because they have kept to the line all summer that Zaha is not for sale.
"Secondly, if he was to leave, it would take something close to £80m for that to happen.
"And Zaha himself really had his heart set on a move to Arsenal, but that does not look like it is going to happen. So time is really running out and as far as Palace are concerned, they do not want to sell Zaha and then not have time to sign a replacement.
"But they are being put under pressure by Everton and we know Palace have been interested in signing McCarthy, so he is a player who is of interest to them. We were told they had made a bid for him a couple of weeks ago.
"Tosun as well is an interesting case - Palace were interested in signing him before Everton signed him, so it is not two wildcard players who Palace have no interest in."

I honestly think Palace just want to scrape together as much money as possible from their two best players this window. They got a decent fee for AWB and probably assumed they could get close to £80m for Zaha. Unfortunately for them none of the top 6 have wanted to risk that kind of money on him. If they’re being realistic they should snap our hands off for that deal. However I don’t think they will.
Why would they snap our hands off? He is priceless to them. They can’t win a game without him in the side, they’d be strong candidates for relegation on the back of the sale of wan Bissaka if they did.

I honestly think Palace just want to scrape together as much money as possible from their two best players this window. They got a decent fee for AWB and probably assumed they could get close to £80m for Zaha. Unfortunately for them none of the top 6 have wanted to risk that kind of money on him. If they’re being realistic they should snap our hands off for that deal. However I don’t think they will.
They will get relegated if they don't spend the money and never come back.

They need the readies.

Why would they snap our hands off? He is priceless to them. They can’t win a game without him in the side, they’d be strong candidates for relegation on the back of the sale of wan Bissaka if they did.
Just hope we don't spend all of the last couple of weeks chasing this like we did with giroud under Walsh and koeman

He is not getting any younger...and not sure somebody would pay as much as we offer them this year...unless of course he has another huge season...but it is a gamble and no way somebody would offer more than 80 million ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.