Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all about creating systems that utilise each players capabilities.
Last season Silva developed a robust and effective defence in which Gana was integral (as well as Zouma). But it took 3/4 of season to evolve.
My concern is replacing Gana with Delph means altering the system and possible having to face a disrupted start to the season.
Like for like would have been my preference.

Think Delph has been brought in to to enable a 4-3-3 at times myself, there were games last season were we were just put muscled and battled in midfield and we clearly needed another body in there, Delph in the mobile 8 in my opinion, gives us a different dimension and option, would expect a different Idrissa replacement as an anchor.

Have you watched him at palace? He’s a classic counter attacking wide forward who falls over a lot. We’ve already got Richarlison. If we were selling him I’d say fine.

But I just think he would be substandard for us. Happy to be wrong. don’t think I am.

Might be an idea of watching the video that @MarcelsGoat posted earlier and I believe you will look differently on the “falls over” comment

He will improve the team straight away

Think you need to listen to what Silva said about him after signing and his passing abilities.

Can say I have watched much of Delph since he has been at City, but each time have he seems to have great vision and can pick a pass

He’s very good at quickly finding a man in space which gives that player the opportunity to do something. I imagine Sig in particular will love playing with him.

ConcernedCompleteConch-size_restricted.gif

Haha! calling your mates now?

God this is pathetic.

You do realise you are a adult right?

Status
Not open for further replies.