New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looking forward to seeing what Meis has come up with. I'm hoping for something imposing and dramatic - not a curved "friendly" boring template like the Emirates or Man Citehs gaff.

Something shaped like the San Siro would be boss.

Over to you Mr Meis.

Yep.

The term "Iconic" keeps getting banded about yet something along the lines of the etihad etc etc wouldnt be.

San Siro IS iconic but a mini replica on the Mersey wouldnt.

Dont think it would be shaped like that though as the wave stuff - i think it will be like that template Liverpool once half considered building, with the stand roof sweeping up from under the stand. Or the roof will be up and down all the way round as a "wave".

As long as it's not one of these snide characterless bowls that have proliferated in recent years, I'll be happy. A nasty claustrophobic effort with towering stands and supporters right in the player's faces is what's wanted.

I'm quite sure the majority will be happy tomorrow night. Our (possibly) overenthusiastic architect is very highly regarded in his field and believe it or not, knows what a proper football stadium feels like.

The majority will be happy, the moaners will have the volume dial up to 11.

Brands could sign Fat Ronaldo in his prime and some would still moan.

I'm quite sure the majority will be happy tomorrow night. Our (possibly) overenthusiastic architect is very highly regarded in his field and believe it or not, knows what a proper football stadium feels like.

The majority will be happy, the moaners will have the volume dial up to 11.

Brands could sign Fat Ronaldo in his prime and some would still moan.
A fat Ron in his early 40's is still superior to a Sandro

"Hello Pikey's. We're Everton in the Community. You might have heard about our famous community outreach programme and read our mission statement on equality for all Pikeys. We're happy to be you're new neighbours, btw".
Why would you want to help pikeys ? Every single one I have ever met is a back stabbing thief and or drug dealer I grew up with them and you can’t trust any of them, even steal off their own they’re terrible from my experience .
Mods, can this ignorant bigot be waned about this sort of prejudiced [Poor language removed]?
He's right tho tbf
He s right that you cant trust any of them? People used to say that about black people and some still do about muslims.
It may look like Im being a tit here, but I have friends and family who are trabvellers, these two are saying my friends and family are thieves and not to be trusted.
Totally agree it's shocking how Travellers are treated in the UK and people get away with it.
I used to work in a Tommy Hilfiger shop on Cheshire Oaks as a 16-year-old and the manager, a woman in her early 30s at the time (about 15 years ago now mind you), said you know the travelers have entered the store as they, and I quote, "smell of schmidt".

She didn't say schmidt, but you can imagine what word she did use. And she said they were thieving gets too.

I can't say whether or not I agree with her sentiments.
Just a friendly warning for future reference
SOrry tommy I may have got your fist post wrong...di you my , he is right...as in traveelers are thieves, or he is right...as an I was right to call out the prejudice? Apologies if it was the later.
Mate I just said in my experience I grew up with a camp less than a mile from my house and that’s where all the school kids went to score. Like I said just my experience , had a couple that were “ friends “ and when I went round there my “ friends” uncle took my phone off me I was 15 years old , we had some from the site at our school and for some reason one of the dads came into the school with his son , who was about 25 and beat the living daylights out of a 14 year old boy in the playground because he had cheated on his daughter she was 14 too, be cheating I mean kissing a girl. One of my “ friends “ had nowhere to live so my mate put him up they were actually cousins and when we came back to his house his cousin had phoned his dad and he had came round and took the tv, mountain bike , video player , and this was the guy with nowhere to live because his dad had kicked him out for not paying rent so to pay him he phoned him and he came round and robbed his own nephew. Like I said just my experience but I honestly have never met a good one. Just my opinion based on my experiences. I’m not going to comment again on this. I’d there an actual date of when the plans for BMD are being revealed? Seen everyone mentioning this week but has a date been set in stone ?
You are defending travellers? People who occupy and take over other people’s land uninvited, wreck communities and cause havoc everywhere they go?

Sound ;)
Then maybe keep your comments about your experiences, dont broaden them out to fit a whole group of people and dont say none of them are to be trusted...oh and dont say pikeys.
[Poor language removed] off
wow, defending the indefensible and a silly little potty mouth as well with no good comebacks, are you on the cooking sherry for breakfast lad?

Anyway, can’t wait to see the new stadium plans.
A fight about travellers, look what you've done to us Everton
If the forum is happy to leave tese prejeduiced views unchallenged ill happily go . A swear word is worse than derogating a whole culture and people?
like o said mate not going to comment off topic again about this
You do realise only 30% actually travel the country..........take your opinions back to the 70s
Back on topic please . Laughable these threads at this stage

Huge day for the club tmrw and the thread is highjacked
Not always. Since the 50's maybe but I take your point.
D’ya like dags?
I have just told you I have riends and family who are travellers and you still say that. What a nasty piece of work you are.
85% of under 10 year old traveller CHILDREN have been physically attacked or verbally abused in mainstream schools

The racism can have horrific consequences. Johnny Delaney, a 15-year-old Traveller, was kicked to death by a gang of racists shouting “you flipping* gyppos!” Sentencing his attackers, the judge refused to recognise the killing as racially aggravated, despite the recommendations of the police.
boss, come in to see whats happening with the stadium and see a few lids sucking off pikeys

they are horrid like aren't they, let's be honest

on topic, is it tomorrow we find out more about the stadium?
Will there be a travellers section in the ground? I hope not.
Anyway roll on tomorrow evening. I'm 10 cm dilated just thinking about it.
Lads we’re taking a really dim view of this.

Knock the prejudicial comments off, stop having a go at each other, and stick to the topic of the thread.

If this warning is ignored, as @Bruce Wayne said earlier, infractions will follow.

Infrastructure spending (stadiums, training grounds etc) isn't included in FFP.

So, no.

Is right, but it affects cash flow without doubt. Arsenal barely spent anything on transfers in the years after their move, Spurs the same leading up to theirs.

Whether it affects FFP is less important than how much money is available to be spent if Everton take a similar approach to those teams.

More pressing matters than the degenerates in Oil St. Pray @davek tell us more about this minimal disruption masterplan you're all for around GP to allow redevelopment.
Where do you think the 300 or so kids should go for their education when their school is flattened?
The houses that will be demolished, where do you propose rehousing the families who live in them?
Will you move the community together or scatter them across the city?
Where do we play during construction?
How do you propose keeping the costs down working in a built up area with limited access and no overspill space for construction traffic?

Ive got loads more questions but I'll leave you with them for now
I think you've gone down a blind alley here. I never said there would be no disruption to the community around GP, I said it'd be less than if the club had gone to Kirkby and obliterated much of the radius around where the stadium was to be. You were the one who talked about preferring the option where no one was disrupted, but it was pointed out to you by me and others that it, in fact, would impact the people living a half mile away from BMD.

To your point about integrating a redevelopment with the immediate community: I have a feeling after the BMD fantasy goes west we'll be revisiting ideas like this again from 10 years ago.....

Off Topic
Why would you want to help pikeys ? Every single one I have ever met is a back stabbing thief and or drug dealer I grew up with them and you can’t trust any of them, even steal off their own they’re terrible from my experience .
Unreal that you and others can get away with saying stuff like this. Imagine you were talking about black kids or Asians.