New Everton Stadium Discussion

Off Topic
85% of under 10 year old traveller CHILDREN have been physically attacked or verbally abused in mainstream schools

The racism can have horrific consequences. Johnny Delaney, a 15-year-old Traveller, was kicked to death by a gang of racists shouting “you flipping* gyppos!” Sentencing his attackers, the judge refused to recognise the killing as racially aggravated, despite the recommendations of the police.

It's Bramley-Moore Eve !!!

giphy.gif

Think it’s also pretty safe to assume that tv deals will get bigger so as long as we don’t go down our turnover should increase .
Safe to assume eh...I wonder.
Never seen a bubble that didn't burst eventually....we've had 20+ yrs of rising money, how many stock market crashes have there been?

Looking forward to seeing what Meis has come up with. I'm hoping for something imposing and dramatic - not a curved "friendly" boring template like the Emirates or Man Citehs gaff.

Something shaped like the San Siro would be boss.

Over to you Mr Meis.

What two businesses have been recession proof since time immemorial?
Certain aspects of show business and our thing.
Sky pay for football, which may or may not be 'recession proof'
Sky get their money from me and you...are you recession proof?
Sky get their money from advertisers / manufacturers as well
Advertisers / manufacturers get their money from you and me.
So up to now all these are also 'recession proof'??

Sky pay for football, which may or may not be 'recession proof'
Sky get their money from me and you...are you recession proof?
Sky get their money from advertisers / manufacturers as well
Advertisers / manufacturers get their money from you and me.
So up to now all these are also 'recession proof'??

No of course not and i was being slightly tongue in cheek.
As far as I am aware though the only real fall in numbers watching football (numbers, not revenues), was in the 80s and that was the overall experience (militia police, threat of hooliganism, crumbling stadia etc) rather than the match not being affordable.
If there's a burst it won't be fatal and people will still go in numbers.

Safe to assume eh...I wonder.
Never seen a bubble that didn't burst eventually....we've had 20+ yrs of rising money, how many stock market crashes have there been?

The good thing is that people have kept their sky subscriptions going even in a recession and the pool has now increased with people like Amazon and BT to share the load in any eventuality. Seeing BT get your money through line rental they will get that regardless crash or not.

This also is a world wide product now, so we may be in a deep recession over here but that doesn't mean the income dries up in China etc.

That's not to say viewing habits won't change in future but I'd be fairly confident of at least a couple more TV deals taking us to the end of the next decade. In that time if we can knock 100 million off the reported 400 we need to find then at that or any point in future the loan could be extended further reducing outgoings if worst comes to worst.

As an example for the first few years after the WRU took out the loan for the then Millennium Stadium it was rumoured that they would have to sell it to pay off the debt of around 75 or so million. At some point next year this will have been paid off in full, partially due to the extra income avenues that the stadium has provided. That just shows how quickly what seems an enormous amount of money soon becomes much more manageable.

Looking forward to seeing what Meis has come up with. I'm hoping for something imposing and dramatic - not a curved "friendly" boring template like the Emirates or Man Citehs gaff.

Something shaped like the San Siro would be boss.

Over to you Mr Meis.

The San Siro is being knocked down, so if you wait a few years then BMD will be just like it.