New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think you've gone down a blind alley here. I never said there would be no disruption to the community around GP, I said it'd be less than if the club had gone to Kirkby and obliterated much of the radius around where the stadium was to be. You were the one who talked about preferring the option where no one was disrupted, but it was pointed out to you by me and others that it, in fact, would impact the people living a half mile away from BMD.

To your point about integrating a redevelopment with the immediate community: I have a feeling after the BMD fantasy goes west we'll be revisiting ideas like this again from 10 years ago.....

If a situation arises that forces us to stay at Goodison (which I cannot see unless Moshiri or Usmanov have a heart attack) then it'll be tweaks rather than a full redevelopment.

The park end would have a new tier added and the roofs cantilevered to get rid of the supports freeing the MS, GS and BR upper tiers of restricted views. With the extra capacity gained from the PE extension they could afford to close off the back rows of the lower tiers in the GS and BR stands. Thus eliminating the worst of the letterbox views. That would just leave the restricted views at the back of the main stand under the TB. Some lid looked to address this by adding in a row of corporate boxes into the space (see below) but that would knock quite a few thousand off the capacity. I suppose you could come out with a 41k-ish capacity stadium with no restricted views though.

Screenshot_20190724-144045_Drive.jpg

Dear Michael,

Thank you for confirming your attendance to tomorrow’s event at the Rum Warehouse, Titanic Hotel, Liverpool, Stanley Dock, Regent Road, L3 0AN.

We’d be grateful if you could arrive as close to 5:30pm as possible for a prompt 6pm start. Following the event there will be an opportunity to view the consultation materials and step into a reality portal to experience a flythrough of the new stadium.

There is no parking available within the grounds of the Titanic Hotel. However, parking is available in the hotel’s overflow car park at Collingwood Dock. This will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.

To gain admittance to the event please bring with you your email invitation and you may be required to present photo ID. Please note your invitation is non-transferable.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Rum Warehouse, Titanic Hotel tomorrow for what will be a special evening in the history of our storied football club.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for confirming your attendance to tomorrow’s event at the Rum Warehouse, Titanic Hotel, Liverpool, Stanley Dock, Regent Road, L3 0AN.

We’d be grateful if you could arrive as close to 5:30pm as possible for a prompt 6pm start. Following the event there will be an opportunity to view the consultation materials and step into a reality portal to experience a flythrough of the new stadium.

There is no parking available within the grounds of the Titanic Hotel. However, parking is available in the hotel’s overflow car park at Collingwood Dock. This will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.

To gain admittance to the event please bring with you your email invitation and you may be required to present photo ID. Please note your invitation is non-transferable.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Rum Warehouse, Titanic Hotel tomorrow for what will be a special evening in the history of our storied football club.
I read that and got excited for you

lol two wrongs dont make a right you know. So you ARE in favour of forcing people from their homes. Good to know you care more about staying at Goodison then the people who live around there.

Its not reality at all, you really have no clue do you? How many people are being forced from their homes at BMD? How many school children will need to go to a different school? What construction impact will there be on residents in BMD? apart from a couple of businesses in the area, who will benefit from the new stadium, exactly ZERO. There will be very little impact to a community half a mile away then what you want to do in FORCING people from their homes because you dont care about them.
'kin ell. Those streets are just across the road form a would-be stadium with 52,000 people plus army of other matchday people. Do you really expect the lives of their residents to bebunchanged? You're living in a fantasy world.