New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's the club: it's not a significant player. It cant borrow off investors the type of cash required for this stadium idea because the club are a bad bet to carry the debt.

You have to ask why the club are pursuing it. I do...constantly. I come up with nothing that makes sense about this project. There's so much that can be objected to and when it gets called in it'll be annihilated...and tbh, it might lead to the best outcome: a gradual GP refurbishment.

Wow.

The landscape has changed. TV money has risen dramatically. International sales revenues have skyrocketed. EFC has been in the top flight for a very long time and attendances have been relatively strong too. Why wouldn't someone want to loan the money?
Indeed, we've been a permanent fixture of one of the most lucrative sports franchises in world sport for 25 years. Lots of lesser clubs have build new stadiums. Christ, you'd think we we planning a moon shot the way Davek goes on about it.

All will be revealed. Personally, the idea of refurbing GP depresses the crap out of me. Just my opinion. I was pro KD and am pro BMD. I was very anti Kirkby and Walton Hall Park was a ridiculous idea.
Refurbished Goodison is a non starter as the footprint is too small and hemmed is on three sides with an irregular footprint too.

We would have to ground share at huge expense as heavy machinery and craines have to be on the pitch in order to commence the build.

Add that to the fact it right in the middle of a residential district and a school nearby there would be a big chance that local residents objecting to the project with concerns about the noise and disruption during the build and possible loss of sunlight due to bigger stands.

Refurbishment of Goodison is far bigger and costly exercise pragmatically then building from scratch.

If this all goes Peter Tong, the vast majority of Evertonian's will just ruefully smile and shrug their shoulders.

Look how we have become resigned and accepting, re our totally inability to beat the RS in any competitive game.

The club know this, and can continue to tease us with the prospect of nirvana at the docks, happy in the knowledge that
they will face no come-back if BMD comes to nothing.

Thankfully I’m in the minority then

It's the club: it's not a significant player. It cant borrow off investors the type of cash required for this stadium idea because the club are a bad bet to carry the debt.

You have to ask why the club are pursuing it. I do...constantly. I come up with nothing that makes sense about this project. There's so much that can be objected to and when it gets called in it'll be annihilated...and tbh, it might lead to the best outcome: a gradual GP refurbishment.
Your going to rip these images to shreds when they come out, your minds already set on this.

A club that hasnt been relegated for over 60 years and now gets around 100m per year revenue from being in the top flight of english football, i would say we are a safe bet for investors.
A new ground creates more revenue, better sponsorship and kit deals may follow on the back of it.
If the Silva/Brands combo can get it right then the future is rosy..