New Everton Stadium Discussion

Is most likely the correct answer. If it's only a small overlap though that would allow us up to 55/56 there must be a close case to justify it.
Close no doubt, but no cigar...Over capitalisation.
Putting a £75k kitchen on a £100k house in a £125k area wont make it worth £175k
Edit; and you still have to pay the over inflated mortgage

Yes by forcing people out of their homes, do you really want that to happen just to expand Goodison Park?

Goodison is situated differently. IIRC the need for compulsory purchases would be minimal and the rebuild would not flatten the surrounding streets around any goodison redevelopment.

Can't believe they (seemingly) haven't even considered overlapping tiers.

I just don't think it's the done thing nowadays if it can be helped. That might be partially due to cost but you do get letterbox (well not that bad) views with them.

When I was watching the tennis the other week they showed a view from the back of the centre court stand and you could just see the court and maybe enough rows to look at the umpire's head. I know in this case that was the roof that caused that, but the same principle applies. It is far more immersive to be in the open to see all the stadium.

That said the biggest nod to Goodison would have been to have overlapping tiers bringing everyone in a bit closer and I think there would have been nothing wrong with a 5/8 row overhang.

No expert but I'm sure a small overhang akin to tottenham/Millenium isn't cost prohibitive.
Billionaire Chairman or no, we're not a bad risk, but we're not a AAA credit risk, having a good record of CL participation like say United and similar.
And, what ever you borrow you have to pay back
#meanstested