Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see dave is saying stupid stuff again and trying to play it off as some sort of master troll character again.

giphy.gif

The harsh reality is that those sorts of clubs are closer to our bracket than the top clubs are, so it's inevitable we'll get compared to them until we are finally able to break away from that mini-league of about 5 clubs who are all scrapping to be the next Top Six side

Leicester, Watford, Wolves and West Ham are decent sides who we do need to be wary off

We don't need to wet our kecks like, but we should be keeping an eye on them

I totally agree, and feel very much the same, I just think the anxiety that runs through the core of this forum is a bit too much sometimes. I get it, that some people are still stuck in the past in regards to our approach in the transfer market, but this is a totally different regime now. We do have money and will spend it, like they have shown in the past seasons, it's just the management spent it on crap and now we have to get rid before we can bring in more. In the end, our club is a business that runs by FFP regs, so we have to be careful with how we operate to get the best out of it

Maddison averaged a G/A every 203 minutes. Sigurdsson averaged a G/A every 184 minutes.

Sigurdsson had a very solid season last year and is the better player right now, however he's 30 this year. Maddison, at 22, has a much higher value and, I'd wager, will go on to be the better overall player if he's knocking out those numbers at his age.

If you recall, the conversation I originally had was that Leicester wouldn't swap X for Y, so on that basis, no I don't think they would swap a 22 year old for a 30 year old based on only a slightly lower G/A average. That's all I've said, doesn't seem all that controversial to me.

Just as Dortmund wouldn't swap Sancho for Di Maria or Gareth Bale for example.

Sigurdsson's been doing it consistently throughout his career noone knows whether tis will be the case for maddison

I totally agree, and feel very much the same, I just think the anxiety that runs through the core of this forum is a bit too much sometimes. I get it, that some people are still stuck in the past in regards to our approach in the transfer market, but this is a totally different regime now. We do have money and will spend it, like they have shown in the past seasons, it's just the management spent it on crap and now we have to get rid before we can bring in more. In the end, our club is a business that runs by FFP regs, so we have to be careful with how we operate to get the best out of it

I get people getting a bit antsy over the days winding down and us still needing people in, but as you say it's a bit much to lose heads over it just because Leicester are getting a wind fall

Put it this way, every team Leicester try to buy from now are going to know they've got 80 Million burning a hole in their pocket and they're not going to do business with them unless they get their slice of the pie first. If anything, going into the last 3 weeks of the window with that much money to spend is almost a hindrance some ways, because clubs are going to see you like this,

giphy.gif

Tbh this is starting to get a bit boring. Every single thread is being derailed either by blatant kopites or unecessary contrarians. There’s a lot of WUMing just for the sake of it. Some of it isn’t even a different opinion it’s just untrue: Brands can’t sell players, Kenwrong is saving wages which is why we’re not buying anyone, the signings from last summer weren’t a success, unwanted bench player from team who finished below us last season is better than our best footballer etc.

It's just the summer mate people are getting bored, no prem footy no big transfers seem to be happening. People are making up thier own entertainment. It's sad but GOT won't complain they want the activity and are rolling I that add dosh.

Actually forget the bored posters with no life theory. It wouldn't suprise me if these "unnecessary contrarians" are 'necessary in-house multerians'.

Status
Not open for further replies.