Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think he should be saying the stuff he is about a kid mate. That's all. We all critique players, but there's no need to be so hard on a young lad like DCL who is busting his back side for this club. If he wants to tear into older players then so be it, but the stuff about DCL is unfair in my eyes and points to a very nasty side of Dave's character

He's supposed to be an adult and a man of education, he should know better

Like I said, I can't stop him. If he wants to waste his time scouring the forum for random posts to try and scramble a point together then he can be my guest lol
yikes, bambi Lewins going to suffer from the lingard syndrome isn't he and still be considered a young prospect late into his 20's

Because the ability of a footballer doesnt boil down to how many goals they have scored. Simple as

The ability of a creative midfielder absolutely hinges on their goals and assists.

Just as the ability of a striker generally hinges on how many goals they score.

You obvious prefer your strikers to not score goals. Fair enough probably over the moon with 8th place.

Didn’t mention the bad results either just hand pick a couple.
I prefer the team to win. I’m not especially fussed who scores the goals to achieve that.

Except Tim Cahill to be fair. Always enjoyed his goals more than others for some reason.

I doubt it mate.

I just don’t get it really. Not just him but just opinions really.

Like @davek has rated Albrighton above Bernard there. Seems a bit mad to me but the way people react is all a bit weird isn’t it? Like if D thinks that it doesn’t do any harm does it?

Know what I mean?

(Peaches and Cream)

?

Monster tune

Only the inter web though innit mate?

I’m sure I’ve said worse about James McCarthy in the past!

As for DCL. I like him but him on his own again would be a bloody disaster....again.

Agree , nobody is questioning his passion and his physical gifts but his lack of ability when facing goal .
I certainly don't blame him, he was given the opportunity to be the main striker by a manager who had misplaced faith that he could lead the line in the worlds most difficult league.

I still have hope one day day that he will add goals to his game but at the moment he isn't seasoned enough to push us forward . We need a proven unit who can punish defences with goals now .

Why is that so hard to believe? There is a compelling case that he's worse than all three of Leicesters English wingers.

Harvey Barnes G/A every 336 minutes
Marc Albrighton G/A every 399 minutes
Demarai Gray G/A every 406 minutes

Bernard got a goal or assist every 532 minutes.

Leicester fans would swap any of them for Bernard. Especially Albrighton.

Some of the Bernard hate in here is ridiculous.

You don't have to score a lot of goals to be a good attacking player. Pienaar didnt score many for us. He's still one of my favourite players I've ever seen play for us.

Iniesta, one of the greatest attacking midfielders ever. Wasnt exactly a prolific goalscorer.

So blinkered to judge players only by the amount of goals they score

It's not just how much they score, it's how much they contribute in assists too. To even use Bernard and Iniesta in any sort of comparison is incredible.

Iniesta wasn't a prolific goalscorer (wasn't barren either by any stretch) but his assists contribution were solid too, which is what being a creative midfielder is about. In fact, his G/A stats by season are as follows:

2010/11 - 20
2011/12 - 19
2012/13 - 23
2013/14 - 13
2014/15 - 10

Bernard's got 5 G/A's last season.

Again, game of opinions but for me:

Schmichael > Pickford
Pereira > Coleman
Maguire > Keane
Evans > Mina
Chilwell < Digne
Ndidi = Gueye
Tielemans > Gomes
Maddison > Sigurdsson
Barnes > Bernard
Vardy > DCL
Albrighton < Richarlison
Pickford > Kasper
Pereira > Coleman
Keane > Evans
Maguire > Mina
Digne > Chilwell
Gueye > Ndidi
Tielemans > Gomes (different roles in the team though)
Siggy > Maddison
Richarlison > Albrighton
Bernard > Barnes
Vardy > DCL

I was critical over Bernard quite alot last season, and I get the points people are making for and against him, but tbf, he hadn't played for quite some time, missed preseason training and was new to the country and league. We'll see the best of him this year. I wish people would be willing to give some players a chance, especially when they consistently show moments of genius. I'm getting the feeling common sense is not applauded in here though

It's not just how much they score, it's how much they contribute in assists too. To even use Bernard and Iniesta in any sort of comparison is incredible.

Iniesta wasn't a prolific goalscorer (wasn't barren either by any stretch) but his assists contribution were solid too, which is what being a creative midfielder is about. In fact, his G/A stats by season are as follows:

2010/11 - 20
2011/12 - 19
2012/13 - 23
2013/14 - 13
2014/15 - 10

Bernard's got 5 G/A's last season.

And if Bernard was playing behind Messi you dont think he would have a lot more assists?

Obviously he needs to add goals to his game but his ability cant be doubted hes a class act

Status
Not open for further replies.