Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zouma apparently ready to turn in a transfer request for a permanent move to Everton. Seems to me a bit too large of a U turn to be true but with a transfer request I can see him being cheaper than expected.

Yep but I think we’re at a completely different level now (although I expect people will disagree). I felt as if Moyes had to work miracles just to get us in and around the top 6. We massively overperformed just to even fall short as we did (although the anti Moyes brigade would never admit this and are still questioning why he didn’t sweep all before him on a negative net spend).

Now however I don’t think we’ve executed particularly well recently but have still recorded back to back 8th place finishes. Nothing to shout about of course, but if we start improving and executing a lot better in the market and on the pitch (as we started to with Brands in the window and with Silva at the end of the season) then we are in a position to challenge the top 6 in my view.

I agree with you entirely mate. Although in my view we should also have challenged the top 6 last season.
Shame we spent the first half of the season seemingly unable to defend set pieces , and then for some reason crumbled entirely in the mid winter period.

Yes, it does.

To use the Lookman example, if we say we bought him for £11m (I'm not sure if that figure included add-ons, but let's use it for the example), his contract was 4.5 years, but you call that 5 years for accounting reasons here.

£11m ÷ 5 = £2.2m

Lookman has 2 years left on his deal, so amortisation means his current value is £4.4m (£2.2m x 2)

Everything over £4.4m we sell him for is profit for FFP purposes

I'm unclear how it works when they sign a new contract tbf, if anyone knows I'd be vaguely interested

Yep bang on the money thats his book price. Vlasic wasnt far off either.

I still think we’ll end up with zouma, Malcom and Kean - which would be a good window.

Ideally another central midfielder if we can shift McCarthy and besic and a right back.

I thought the discussion about who will be Gueye's replacement was interesting. But if you think this 'under 26 and on low wages' is anything other than wishful thinking and a snazzy soundbite, then I disagree to the point of being dismissive.

Delph won't be on modest wages, and I'll happily bet that any other first team players that we acquire won't be either.

I'm also quite confident that we won't be limiting ourselves to the aged below 26 market, as proven by our acquisition of Delph, and the fact that it's not a realistic or even desirable strategy to actually implement.

My nephew is a right back, under 26, and would accept low wages, but he's not going to interest Everton more than Thomas Meunier, who turns 28 in September and will be on a fat wedge.

Good post, i think people took the under 26 thing to literal.

I think we wont invest heavily in players over 26, as opposed to excluding ourselves from signing anyone over 26. Which is sensible.

Hopefully we can see more sellings so we can do buyings.

Very exciting 3 weeks coming up, imagine if we had finished, we would be so bored.

Gueye, Lookman, McCarthy, sweet Prince, BeckenBesic, Cenk scores in the snow. Will all probably go. Plenty of money for Brandalf the wise.

If Zouma wants to comeback is important we get it done,he already knows whats expected from Silva so can hit the ground running, can't underestimate how long it takes new faces to fit into a system so its kind of important we don't sign a shed load of new faces and instead just add like 2 players to Zouma and Gomes, Delph being one and a ST being the other.

Yes, it does.

To use the Lookman example, if we say we bought him for £11m (I'm not sure if that figure included add-ons, but let's use it for the example), his contract was 4.5 years, but you call that 5 years for accounting reasons here.

£11m ÷ 5 = £2.2m

Lookman has 2 years left on his deal, so amortisation means his current value is £4.4m (£2.2m x 2)

Everything over £4.4m we sell him for is profit for FFP purposes

I'm unclear how it works when they sign a new contract tbf, if anyone knows I'd be vaguely interested
Wages etc with be capitalised and added to the book value and amortised like the transfer fee.

Yep bang on the money thats his book price. Vlasic wasnt far off either.
Not knowing much about the financial side of things... Would it affect the book price/profit if we receive his fee over 5 years, say 4m per year?

Seems weird if his purchase price is spilt over his contract duration for spending, if the 20m we potentially receive over 5 years goes straight in as 20m this year... If that's the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.