New Everton Stadium Discussion

Im not saying your wrong, its certainly a problem, I went down BMD a few months ago now and thats the first thing that struck me, theres no access at all, but im sure its something they are considering, if we can see it, im sure they can.

Its just another reason why I personally think the site is a terrible, terrible idea, but if they can make it all work, it will be worth it.

Yep, its not the easiest place to get to now. They are going to have to make huge alterations to it and the surrounding area which will send the cost spiralling, to allow 60,000 football supporters turn up sometimes twice a week!

If they can make it work they will certainly not have chosen the cheap option i'll give them that.

Yep, its not the easiest place to get to now. They are going to have to make huge alterations to it and the surrounding area which will send the cost spiralling, to allow 60,000 football supporters turn up sometimes twice a week!

If they can make it work they will certainly not have chosen the cheap option i'll give them that.
You'll only have to go once a year anyway, unless we get you in the cup

Yeah but how many people can get on a mersey ferry at one time? The queues (if there was a new landing built near the ground) would be huge!

You can get over 800 on a ferry. It doesn't have to transport every fan, but it's one additional transport option above and beyond what we have now.

Walk/Cycle
Train + Walk
Bus
Car + Walk
Taxi
Ferry/New Water Taxi Service

Am sure splitting the fan base across these various options will suffice.

Not even accounting for the monorail!

Traffic coming away from the site must be a huge concern as there isnt a lot of routes out of the area, people travelling to the motorways are going to have a long, slow route to them through town or to switch island.

Which will probably be better than it is now as I for one (and possibly many others) will thankfully be able to leave the car behind due to the easier access on foot to Bramley Moore.

As one door (road) closes, another one (ferry) opens
Mersey Ferry need to get in on this, no reason for anyone to come through either tunnel to get to Bramley Moore, anyone from Wirral/Wales would be mad to not use the ferry, but are the ferry on board? such as having a late service for night games, they would make a lot of money

Mersey Ferry need to get in on this, no reason for anyone to come through either tunnel to get to Bramley Moore, anyone from Wirral/Wales would be mad to not use the ferry, but are the ferry on board? such as having a late service for night games, they would make a lot of money
100% agree. This is a golden opportunity for them. Currently people just use the ferry as tourists, one-off event hires, or the very few people who live and work in areas it would make sense (e.g live Seacombe and work on James St).

Merseytravel could rake it in, especially if they look at it as a branding or partnership opportunity, maybe even pitching it as the "official transport partner of Everton" or something.

I don't think ferries are allowed to run at night. If so would be no use for midweek.

Plus it sometimes gets choppy on the river.

We used to be a Maritime nation, Liverpool a maritime city.....it gets choppy on the river ffs........a direct ferry link would be the most amazing way to arrive at the ground, people would drive from Liverpool over to B’head just to catch the ferry across and pull in the fantastic sight on the journey and arrival.........

Water taxi's ?
We have em over here for getting from the Marina to the Palm. Make it so much more accessible.

You can see the difference if you went via water taxi over road taxi.
20190719_190524.jpg

We used to be a Maritime nation, Liverpool a maritime city.....it gets choppy on the river ffs........a direct ferry link would be the most amazing way to arrive at the ground, people would drive from Liverpool over to B’head just to catch the ferry across and pull in the fantastic sight on the journey and arrival.........
Too right. Imagine if the stadium factored that in too, have the stadium glowing and hearing the crowd as you were heading towards it.

Did it when I was in NY, had a boat as part of the tickets package going up the East River to Citi Field.

Including it as part of the ticket is a good idea. Happy medium of discounted travel, helps relieve congestion on the other links and would be benefit Merseytravel with increased customer base.

Your right I would definitely get over to the Wirral just so I could see our new ground from the ferry be a great way to arrive .