New Everton Stadium Discussion

Traffic coming away from the site must be a huge concern as there isnt a lot of routes out of the area, people travelling to the motorways are going to have a long, slow route to them through town or to switch island.

Traffic coming away from the site must be a huge concern as there isnt a lot of routes out of the area, people travelling to the motorways are going to have a long, slow route to them through town or to switch island.

Why would you design a stadium, in this day and age, in the middle of a city with the car as your primary method of access?

Why would you design a stadium, in this day and age, in the middle of a city with the car as your primary method of access?

Unless the stadium is going to be build on a island with no road bridge people will always come to the match in the car though wont they.

I go in the car most of the time and i only live a few miles away.

Unless the stadium is going to be build on a island with no road bridge people will always come to the match in the car though wont they.

I doubt you park anywhere near the ground tho.

I drive every game, but have to park about a mile away, sure I could get nearer if I paid, but I aint paying.

Then you're a lazy blert.

Park and ride, train, bus, build a tram... Car is not the way to move anybody around a city anymore.

Example from where I live, a city of 250,000. AA Gent got their new 20,000 seater in 2013. It has 500 car parking spaces outside the ground and overspill of another 1000. Other than that, you're parking in designated places just off the motorway and taking a tram to 500m from the ground or a bus straight there. It also has facilities to lock 5000 bikes outside the stadium as that, after public transport, is the most popular way to get there.

I doubt you park anywhere near the ground tho.

I drive every game, but have to park about a mile away, sure I could get nearer if I paid, but I aint paying.

Not too close no*. But coming away from Goodison people will be going off in all directions - where as from BMD (unless they are strong swimmers!) they will be only going off in half the directions.

Difficult to explain but im sure you know what i mean.

*ironically one place i sometimes park is by Sandhills station. No chance that will be available when we move over there!

Why have you posted a render of the Bengals stadium?

Ours won’t look anything like that mark my words

I agree, there was a series of images released last year where from the ground up to about 7ft the stadium was made out of the same materials as the dock wall and then it was steel and glass

Not too close no*. But coming away from Goodison people will be going off in all directions - where as from BMD (unless they are strong swimmers!) they will be only going off in half the directions.

Difficult to explain but im sure you know what i mean.

*ironically one place i sometimes park is by Sandhills station. No chance that will be available when we move over there!

Yeah but theres only really 1 road away from the ground, most of the side streets are closed off.

Park and ride, train, bus, build a tram... Car is not the way to move anybody around a city anymore.

Example from where I live, a city of 250,000. AA Gent got their new 20,000 seater in 2013. It has 500 car parking spaces outside the ground and overspill of another 1000. Other than that, you're parking in designated places just off the motorway and taking a tram to 500m from the ground or a bus straight there. It also has facilities to lock 5000 bikes outside the stadium as that, after public transport, is the most popular way to get there.

I appreciate that mate but with all due respect, Liverpool is still in the dark ages when it comes to public transport.

Yeah but theres only really 1 road away from the ground, most of the side streets are closed off.

Yeah i see your point, youd expect to walk a bit to get to your car after the game and that would apply to BMD as well. But the level of traffic in that BMD area will be huge i reckon and with the natural barrier the Mersey puts up there will be less routes away.

Yeah i see your point, youd expect to walk a bit to get to your car after the game and that would apply to BMD as well. But the level of traffic in that BMD area will be huge i reckon and with the natural barrier the Mersey puts up there will be less routes away.

Im not saying your wrong, its certainly a problem, I went down BMD a few months ago now and thats the first thing that struck me, theres no access at all, but im sure its something they are considering, if we can see it, im sure they can.

Its just another reason why I personally think the site is a terrible, terrible idea, but if they can make it all work, it will be worth it.

I think parking in this area will be limited, and also expensive. But much in the way now that various organisations offer "match day parking" im sure some of the organisations surrounding the stadium in the new location, will do the same.

In an ideal world we will have a new train station near the stadium, but failing that; buses running from Central station, Lime Street, James Street station and the Liverpool One bus depot and a ferry across the Mersey! :celebrate: :pint2: :dance:

As one door (road) closes, another one (ferry) opens