2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
And beyond that, if Mina isn't going to make it as a starter, they should sell him. Tyrone Mings got signed for 26M. Mina would go for a ton.

The reason he won't do that is because Mina is a good CB with the potential to be outstanding. I just think the more realistic scenario is that Zouma stays at Chelsea and we go with someone like Adama Soumaoro as a sound back and occasional starter for like 15M. Spend the big bucks on CF and RW.

I'm ok with this

Brands will have a plan b anyway so all will be fine either way i think. Expecting a quite busy couple of weeks for the blues. It was around about this time last year we got busier.

I genuinely see us as a better prospect than Chelsea at the moment. starting the new season with an unproven manager and having lost their best player and are unable to sign new players. I'll wager we finish above them this season.

*a few weeks later

Crystal Palace 1-0 The Terrible Ton

Honestly, Lampard's comments haven't changed anything for me.

I still see this deal going to the wire (last week) either way.

And I'm honestly fine with that.

Caveat is, we will need an alternative ready to go on if Chelsea don't budge.

Lampart says he is staying and is part of his plans , so on to the next one

That's not how you negotiate, though. You don't just give in.

If we're gonna improve, we need to be signing players other teams want to keep.

Nothing has changed here. We can afford to let this deal rumble on because if it is successful then we know Zouma can slot straight in. Silva said earlier this week he was confident it'd get done. So let's face it, talks are definitely still ongoing.

I like how when Lampard says something, we all take it as gospel. Yet if Silva says 'Gana is a key player and won't be going anywhere' like he did in January multiple times, we have fans who still insisted he'd be sold.

Let's just wait and see how this one plays out. We may well have given up. But I don't think we will have just yet.

If I was Zouma I would not put in a transfer request and would stay at a club with far more money, far better prospects football wise and with far better players. Take off your Everton hats and say you would do different if you were Zouma..

I was going to post this myself.

why would zouma actively put in a transfer request now, when Lampard has said he wants him, PLUS hes a Chelsea boy through and through , PLUS they win trophies most years,PLUS they are in the champs league .. PLUS they have several world class or almost world class players PLUS he's not guaranteed a starting place here

need I go on ???

Exactly my thinking, if he doesn’t start off very well he will be gone, Chelsea fans aren’t use to being patient anymore.

He won't be getting sacked.

He's a club legend and was appointed to get the fans onside while the transfer ban is taking place. He'll get this season as a free hit - barring a major disaster - pretty much because of that ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.