2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would depend which club.

I mean if Stoke or Swansea were the 1s interested I would be confident he would stay.

Chelsea > Everton.
I get that but Zouma was also more than happy to leave last summer for the same place.

And I guess that's a poor example because Richarlison never wanted to leave. It's kind of like Lookman last summer. Did anyone believe he was staying until the window closed even though Marco said he would?

I'm not saying it's on but I don't think this means it is 100% off either. Nothing's changed for me.

He will get more minutes on the pitch here than at Chelsea i believe, and thats what may swing his decision, i dont think deal is dead just yet.

He moved to Everton when we had Michael Keane and just paid a fortune for Yerry Mina.

He wasn't guaranteed a game at Everton and moved, he'll stay at Chelsea with no such guarantees as well, provided he has a chance.

Not the same situation for a start, seeing as Lampard just arrived at Chelsea as manager and will obviously be working with a lot of these players for the first time

Silva not only is the man who brought Richarlison to Everton but they also have a close relationship, so it'd be a completely different set of circumstances and he'd never say it to begin with

Time to move on mate, we've got roughly 3 weeks to get an alternative in and we need to make it count
That's it.Onto the next CB on the list and get them in.

Zouma will only stay at Chelsea if he is a guaranteed starter. Lampard's desire to keep him a "squad" player is understandable, but won't cut any ice with Zouma

Will Everton wait any longer, though?

I’m not that arsed. He was good, but if Chelsea wanted him he was always going to stay there.

Mina really needs to be putting his marker down anyway.

Hope Zouma requests to leave now.

Lampard was always going to make this difficult. Cannot stand him.

don't think he will, his whole loan it was about impressing for chelsea to give him a chance, he made it clear. I've got to be honest, i don't know why chelsea were even entertaining the idea of selling him tbh, especially without being able to buy anyone. I would not be surprised in the slightest if we start looking at him again in january or maybe next summer if we don't spend big on a different centre back e.g. that soumara only linked at £13m, that's a large difference in what we'd have paid for zouma.

I agree with @TheBigIguana actually. He could very easily have just said 'he's staying' and it would have been very clear and unequivocal. Instead he's just said he wants him. It was far from a complete shutdown of the possibility.
He’s not a prisoner mate, pretty sure they can’t force him to stay.
But if Chelsea want him, he’s staying imho.

I still think in the coming days he’ll suddenly fly out from the Chelsea training squad and appear in Switzerland. That’s my take on it all going quiet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.