2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing but certainly not surprising.
The irony is that if he had a bad season with us he would probably be available … but then we would not want him.

I think there are centre halves out there to be had who are as good as Zouma, maybe better but they will have a settling in period and will they get Everton FC as Zouma seemed to do.

Lampard cannot spend the money he will get for Zouma and probably reckons that next January or even in twelve months time he will still be able to sell the player if that is what he wants to do.

I hope he does well at Chelsea, just not against us, and if the opportunity to sign him comes round again we would have to be interested.

Do you think he'd rather come here than stay at Chelsea though?

This is the problem with loans i suppose. They dont always turn into permanent moves.

Depends on if he's been guaranteed first team football - if he was happy sat on the bench he wouldn't have been out on loan the last 2 seasons.

I think people also have to realise Lampard can hardly come out and say "nah I dont like Kurt he's best off leaving" its very politcal is football.

If they are open to selling him he also wont fetch more at any other point than this window when we are in for him.

Either way I think Lampard has seen enough now to want Zouma as part of his squad therefore now it comes down to Zouma - if he stays and gets 1st team football next season good on him however if he doesn't and he's back on the bench he'll have made a big mistake not leaving.

Either way think we'll know in the coming week.

Depends on if he's been guaranteed first team football - if he was happy sat on the bench he wouldn't have been out on loan the last 2 seasons.

I think people also have to realise Lampard can hardly come out and say "nah I dont like Kurt he's best off leaving" its very politcal is football.

Either way I think Lampard has seen enough now to want Zouma as part of his squad therefore now it comes down to Zouma - if he stays and gets 1st team football next season good on him however if he doesn't and he's back on the bench he'll have made a big mistake not leaving.

And as I keep saying, hes not guaranteed first team football here.

Disappointing but certainly not surprising.
The irony is that if he had a bad season with us he would probably be available … but then we would not want him.

I think there are centre halves out there to be had who are as good as Zouma, maybe better but they will have a settling in period and will they get Everton FC as Zouma seemed to do.

Lampard cannot spend the money he will get for Zouma and probably reckons that next January or even in twelve months time he will still be able to sell the player if that is what he wants to do.

I hope he does well at Chelsea, just not against us, and if the opportunity to sign him comes round again we would have to be interested.

Good point

All the more reason to move on now and try and get the alternative player in as quickly as we can so that he can get bedded in

True.

First team football is all we have to offer in comparison though and whos to say Zouma wouldnt be guaranteed that at Chelsea?

Could go down to the last day of the window depending on if Zouma has started much.

Think about it this way. If there was a team chasing Richarlison and Marco said, "He's a good player and I want him as part of the squad," would you be confident that he was staying? Because personally I'd be bricking it.

this decision was always up to Zouma.

Does he want to fight for a place in Chelsea's starting 11 and play a big role in their champs league campaign OR does he want to be one of the first names on the team sheet and get back to his mates in Digne and Snides.

He also knows that Everton helped him get back in the international squad.

Lampard's quotes have changed nothing. We have no idea of what is happening behind the scenes.

I still think he is the most important player in the window for us. He would need no bedding in and can start alongside keane first game of the season.

Lampard's statement about Zouma is not exactly a ringing endorsement and it sounds more like him wanting to keep him as a bench warming 'squad' player than a valuable regular starter. Wouldn't be surprised if Zouma puts a transfer request in after that tbh or maybe he already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.