2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a prisoner mate, pretty sure they can’t force him to stay.
But if Chelsea want him, he’s staying imho.
Well they literally can force him to stay, he's signed a contract which they are perfectly entitled to enforce if they so wish. That wasn't really my point though.

There's been plenty of time for Lampard and Zouma to sit down and talk. This could all have been wrapped up weeks ago, and he could have said as much in that answer. He didn't though, he just said he likes him and wants him. Do the club care enough to take any notice of that though, or do they see the possibility of getting £40m as more important than Lampard having good depth at centre half? Is there not a chance that he's just giving a diplomatic answer, weighing up both Chelsea's bargaining position and the possibility that he will end up having to pick him, and giving an answer which weakens neither position?

I'm not saying he's coming here, I have no idea, but there's definitely merit in what the poster was saying, that these quotes certainly aren't strong enough for me to think the whole thing is dead in the water.

I still think in the coming days he’ll suddenly fly out from the Chelsea training squad and appear in Switzerland. That’s my take on it all going quiet anyway.

Until his future is sorted it looks like he won’t update his social media accounts either...possibly a sign?

If I was Zouma I would not put in a transfer request and would stay at a club with far more money, far better prospects football wise and with far better players. Take off your Everton hats and say you would do different if you were Zouma..

If I was Zouma I would not put in a transfer request and would stay at a club with far more money, far better prospects football wise and with far better players. Take off your Everton hats and say you would do different if you were Zouma..

Did Zouma get into the France squadron whilst playing for Chelsea?

It depends on what he values. He has a better chance of winning trophies at Chelsea no doubt but he will play more here, or at least has a greater chance of playing more, he got back in the France squad here and it's possible that we would pay him more. There's certainly reasons why he would choose to come here again same as there are to stay.

I am sure his team will be at the very least trying to negotiate a pay rise.

He would get roughly double that if he came here. good situation for Kurt.

Exactly. If Chelsea want him he can always use us as a negotiating tactic. Maybe he won't get the same money there but a decent raise plus a chance of CL football will be enough. Chelsea will also get another year or two tagged on to his contract so they can ask for more should they want to sell him next year when their transfer ban is up.

If there’s a plus to this it’s that Chelsea have made there intentions clear (well, sort of) with 3 weeks to go and not 3 days. If they’re keeping him we need to move onto other targets and not waste time. Zouma is great and fits the club but with Yerry’s legs being made out of Lego, Jags gone and Holgate possibly covering RB we need at least another proper CB

It depends. They have more money, but will they pay him more money? They may have better prospects, but does he have better prospects? If things worked like that then the likes of Gomes, Digne etc would never have come to us. And yet they did.

I genuinely see us as a better prospect than Chelsea at the moment. starting the new season with an unproven manager and having lost their best player and are unable to sign new players. I'll wager we finish above them this season.

It depends. They have more money, but will they pay him more money? They may have better prospects, but does he have better prospects? If things worked like that then the likes of Gomes, Digne etc would never have come to us. And yet they did.

It is all in the air at the moment. It comes down to what Lampard wants, if he wants Zouma in the team or has said he is 3rd choice at the moment but it's close and will start x amount of games this season then he would be a fool to turn that down.

If Frank told him he is getting the same money and will at best start league cup games then he has a decision to make.

Why not be brave and give Lewis Gibson a role if we can't get Zouma. Imagine if he has a 7/10 season, he'd be worth 75 million and talked of him being the next England Captain.

I genuinely see us as a better prospect than Chelsea at the moment. starting the new season with an unproven manager and having lost their best player and are unable to sign new players. I'll wager we finish above them this season.
Now that's a nice thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.