Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We might see more of this by clubs in general, Watford bought João Pedro for a snip, and he is already been touted as a player they can make x10 profit on.

Rodrygo got a move for 40 million just from being from the same club as Pele, Robinho and Neymar.

We need a striker now, but if we have a chance to buy the Brazil under 17 captain, Reinier we need to do it. Before he goes to Ajax or Porto and costs 80 to 100 million.

There’s still a chasm of difference between “waaaaaaaaay better than Walcott” and “good enough”.

I think - like Lukaku - he is geared to play in a team that is focussed on him. I firmly believe he’d flounder if asked to play in our system.
He's a far better team player than Walcott. How would he flounder?

so you've named one.

Plus one that hasn't happened (and most likely won't either)

Oh you're right - they're definitely a straightforward, viable and commonplace option!
They happen...and so too do makeweights, which was my original point befoe you sidetracked this to straight swaps.

Silva and Brands are not stupid. They wouldn't have fed The Echo various snippets about the need for a striker, that we will replace Gueye if he leaves etc etc. If they was gonna turn around and disappoint.

Interestingly the money for Lookman was supposed to be almost all upfront if it happens. So got a feeling that money might be going towards this kid if we legit want him. Like for like almost. Young talent replaces young talent.

I'm sure we have other funds ringfenced for the other positions we have pretty much publicly stated we want to address

Im not convinced about this. I can’t see how we’d be funding a centre back, right back, right winger and striker without there being some money expected from sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.