• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's waaaaaaaaay better than Walcott.

FFS, there's not even any debate on how good Zaha is.

Laughing here at Evertonians who've laboured under watching Walcott's Forrest Gump runs and DCL and Tosun missing sitters all season turning their nose up at Zaha.

£40mil plus Bolasie, McCarthy and Niasse / Tosun would be daylight robbery for Zaha.

Well, you do have form mate.
Form for what exactly? Not sticking my head in the sand and thinking we’re making huge strides?

We’ve won nothing for decades and gone from regularly finishing in the Top 6, to finishing behind the likes of Wolves and Burnley.

Sorry if I’m not dancing down the street with joy.

It's absolutely nuts for us to be doing something like that. I don't think it's true because it is so out of character. I completely advocate for taking risks on kids and trying to grow them. High risk high reward and all that. But this is beyond high risk. A kid with zero first team games for more than we've paid for anyone bar Gylfi and Richarlison. I just don't believe we'd do that even though he does look legitimately brilliant in the clips that are out.
No way we are spending 40 million on a 17 year old who won't play for a few years and going ahead this season with DCL up front that 40 could get us an average striker these days and even that is alot better than what we have.. no idea where I'm going with this reply it's half serious and half taking the pi$$ I'm just lost with football now, 40 million is that alot you see some bang average players going for more than that no idea what's going on.

Ah yes, the old “lets do swap deals” (we’ll just ignore the fact that they happen roughly as often as Newcastle win trophies)

Alexis Sanchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan; West Ham demanding Martial for Diop this window. They happen. And anyway, it wouldn't be a straight swap. Itld be cash + player. Bolasie going back maybe.

He's waaaaaaaaay better than Walcott.

FFS, there's not even any debate on how good Zaha is.

Laughing here at Evertonians who've laboured under watching Walcott's Forrest Gump runs and DCL and Tosun missing sitters all season turning their nose up at Zaha.

There’s still a chasm of difference between “waaaaaaaaay better than Walcott” and “good enough”.

I think - like Lukaku - he is geared to play in a team that is focussed on him. I firmly believe he’d flounder if asked to play in our system.

If we secretly have a massive transfer pot and this €40m, 17yo kid is just “one for the future”, without taking funds from other, more urgent squad requirements then go for it.

If we’re spunking €40m on a lad that can’t play for us until at least January, and in turn having to sign Welbeck to address our striker need then I’d be @GwladysBlue levels of fuming. I’m all for planning for the long-term within reason. This would not be within reason.

On another note, even if we were the world’s richest club - Spending anything over £40m on Zaha would be utter, utter stupidity.

Silva and Brands are not stupid. They wouldn't have fed The Echo various snippets about the need for a striker, that we will replace Gueye if he leaves etc etc. If they was gonna turn around and disappoint.

Interestingly the money for Lookman was supposed to be almost all upfront if it happens. So got a feeling that money might be going towards this kid if we legit want him. Like for like almost. Young talent replaces young talent.

I'm sure we have other funds ringfenced for the other positions we have pretty much publicly stated we want to address

Think it might have been, but that's the point - when you can pick out and name ALL the high profile swaps that have happened in the last two decades, it shows that they're not a realistic option in 99.9% of cases

Totally. I think it’s much more common in Spain and Italy.

Alexis Sanchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan; West Ham demanding Martial for Diop this window. They happen. And anyway, it wouldn't be a straight swap. Itld be cash + player. Bolasie going back maybe.
so you've named one.

Plus one that hasn't happened (and most likely won't either)

Oh you're right - they're definitely a straightforward, viable and commonplace option!

Status
Not open for further replies.