Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha has wonderful ball control and can take on defenders for fun, but then ... well most of the time nowt happens. I don't think it is what we are looking for, he's no Trevor Steven that's for sure.

£80M would be OTT. It wont take that if we have a DoF who can use his head. We have players to use as makeweight, and Palace will need them.
Ah yes, the old “lets do swap deals” (we’ll just ignore the fact that they happen roughly as often as Newcastle win trophies)

£80M would be OTT. It wont take that if we have a DoF who can use his head. We have players to use as makeweight, and Palace will need them.

I dunno what earth you live on sometimes. Just because we have players we want rid of. By no means does that mean Palace will want our junk or need them. Zaha is not value for money.

He's better than Walcott but that shouldn't be the low barometer we judge £80m signings on.
He's waaaaaaaaay better than Walcott.

FFS, there's not even any debate on how good Zaha is.

Laughing here at Evertonians who've laboured under watching Walcott's Forrest Gump runs and DCL and Tosun missing sitters all season turning their nose up at Zaha.

He's waaaaaaaaay better than Walcott.

FFS, there's not even any debate on how good Zaha is.

Laughing here at Evertonians who've laboured under watching Walcott's Forrest Gump runs and DCL and Tosun missing sitters all season turning their nose up at Zaha.

If you want us to lash £80m at Zaha (no, Palace won't take players as swap, this is England) then you're even more Koeman than I thought.

If we secretly have a massive transfer pot and this €40m, 17yo kid is just “one for the future”, without taking funds from other, more urgent squad requirements then go for it.

If we’re spunking €40m on a lad that can’t play for us until at least January, and in turn having to sign Welbeck to address our striker need then I’d be @GwladysBlue levels of fuming. I’m all for planning for the long-term within reason. This would not be within reason.

On another note, even if we were the world’s richest club - Spending anything over £40m on Zaha would be utter, utter stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.