• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph.

8m fee, 5m a year in wages - 3 year deal - total outlay 23m.

Good luck getting a Striker for less than 23m.
I thought it was wages being paid that was our problem at the moment and that Delphs wages might hinder us purchasing our most important position the striker over a CM

Our lack of a striker is making me angry.

The team played its best with DCL upfront last season though mate. Don’t get me wrong we defo need another option at striker but if we can keep Richarlison and Sigurdsson on that 15 goal region and bring in another winger/wide forward to burden some of the goal scoring. Let’s not forget that Bernard and Walcott missed loads of chances last season as well.

I just don’t think it’s too disastrous if DCL is our first choice personally, even if he keeps the same goal output.

The team played its best with DCL upfront last season though mate. Don’t get me wrong we defo need another option at striker but if we can keep Richarlison and Sigurdsson on that 15 goal region and bring in another winger/wide forward to burden some of the goal scoring. Let’s not forget that Bernard and Walcott missed loads of chances last season as well.

I just don’t think it’s too disastrous if DCL is our first choice personally, even if he keeps the same goal output.

I see. But no.

A mature take and hope you are right. I don't like to get bothered by other clubs deals, but like you feel Haller could have been a success here and was obviously get-able.

A bit concerned with the Leao/Kean links in that they are awfully young and unproven. I understand that is how one can strike gold, but i also think of Dolberg a couple of years ago and how people were willing to say he was going to be a worldbeater. He is not bad, but nobody would be happy if we had spent 35-40M on him.

Who knows......should be an interesting few weeks ahead. Then of course the actual fun - matches - can begin.
Haller is 40m now but will he double his value in 3 or 4 years .
Has he got that amount of potential
Kean at 40 m is the same price but has he got the potential to double his value
Out of the two I would say Kean has the better potential

This will not go down well, I almost agree, but still think we defo need a Striker.

Sadly it seems as tho we will only get 1 if we can sell Tosun for 20m, which simply isnt going to happen.

The team that improved and then finished last season so we’ll will put in a top 4 challenge if we can add Zouma and have a bit of luck with injuries.

I think it’s safe to assume we will add even more quality though but we do hate s lot to look forward to regardless.

I’m not usually a Doomer but that echo quote about not wanting to stunt DCL’s progression has me genuinely concerned.
Same to an extent. We should be in the winning football games business first and foremost, not developing players.
I know the 2 can be simultaneous, but we shouldn’t be going into another season with DCL as our only worthwhile striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.