• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol lol lol

Don't get angry mate, I wasn't having a go at you, just more the quip in general

You can do better, strive for more
You sure it wasn't you that got angry yesterday Mikey, and all stemming from Andy Carroll, fun times.

On topic, if there is truth in the Delph deal, let's hope it's the beginning of us getting deals done, things should gather pace in the next week or so.

I don’t think Delph is a replacement for Gana but I think Gana will go and we will get another midfielder. I honestly think if we get another 1-2 attacking signings such as Malcolm and Kean, it will be Sig who will get less playing time. In Silva’s ideal formation there is not room for a number 10.

@buskwhi2

The weakness with Gana going is the midfield (obviously)...

We would have Gomes / Davies / Schneiderlin / Delph there if Gana was sold. I feel we still need one more in (ideally Sangare).

However, with Richarlison and Pepe we would have two of the most sought after wide players in Europe.

I think if we sold Lookman + Gana + Besic and signed Pepe + Delph + Sangare then things start to become exciting...

It would do. Realistically though would we have the funds for that? Plus zouma (or similar) for £30m, a striker (£30m+) and possibly a right back?

Even if we got decent money for Henry and something for niasse and tosun as well I can us needing a big sale to help fund everything we need.

If at the end of the window we’ve only lost Gueye plus a load of players who hardly contributed last season to get in the players we need I’ll see that as massive progress.

I don’t think Delph is a replacement for Gana but I think Gana will go and we will get another midfielder. I honestly think if we get another 1-2 attacking signings such as Malcolm and Kean, it will be Sig who will get less playing time. In Silva’s ideal formation there is not room for a number 10.

I’m sure I read an article yesterday where he was saying he likes playing 4-2-3-1 and having a number 10 who gets goals.

If this thing about Barca having to find another £72M for Griezeman is true then they will deffo have to unload some players ASAP! :) the waiting game may prove very fruitful! :)

I must be missing that stadium being built, all I can see is it getting kicked further down the line. It’s already been pushed back one year. They continue to stress that the images we’ll see in a couple of weeks are concept design i.e. not the finished article.

Everton one Moshiri the money, we are not debt free.

Got rid of Elstone and replaced him with DBB, who just spouts consistent crap. Every bit as bad as Elstone.

We’re being taken for a ride. This club is going nowhere fast with this current board.
You absolute gammon.

Two definite positives of Delph is for a player of his age he has only played just over 200 games, so plenty of miles left on the clock.

Also think he could be a good influence on Tom Davies as they are similar types of players.

Tom needs a big season. when he broke into the team he had Barry to mentor him, maybe Delph can perform a similar function.

Last edited:
IF (and it is a big IF) we could get rid of the dead wood..

Robinson. 2 milion
Bolasie. 6 million
Lookman. 20 million
Mirallas. 1.5 million
McCarthy. 5 million
Schneidelin. 7 million
Onyekuru. 15 million
Besic 5 million.
Tosun. 12 million
Niasse. 6 million

That’s almost £80million and a lot of wages.
Should be able to fund Delph, Zouma (if poss) and a wide player (Malcolm?) with a bit to spare.
Would still need to fund a striker of course.

Seen that, no harm having a squad that provides tactical flexibility though.
Any top coach should ideally have multiple formations and that was what i was trying to say. He also really likes 4-3-3 and that’s where I see Sig playing less than last season so I see Sig sharing the game time with Delph depending on formation. It also brings competition into the midfield where currently there is no competition for the midfield three so they will all need to keep on their toes and can’t have long dips like last season. I was not really up for this signing but the more I think about it, it really is a no brainer.

Weren’t we linked with Delph years ago? Swerved us for Villa didn’t he.

I think if he came in, he’d win some fans over with his work rate alone. He gets stuck in and I think he’s more of an all rounder than people realise.

He wouldn’t have been my first choice (Certainly not for a Gueye replacement either which I hope is balls), but this means we are that little bit more flush for ST/RW areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.