Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 29 and he's been sitting on benches for the past few years. He plays the position superbly.

Does he necessarily walk into our team if Gueye is still here?

I'm not being funny mate, but imagine if I'd suggested we sign him before any of the links?

I would have been destroyed by the usual suspects. But, now we're linked with him, people are acting like this is a shrewd bit of business

Weird is the answer

He's certainly looked a different player under Pep, but Silva isn't Pep and I'd question his desire if he came here.

I can only see it turning out like Williams and Walcott where he'll get comfortable and put in minimal effort.

We haven’t signed Gomes on the promise of Fabien delph, squad player at most and not to replace igg

What Gomes said is just what everyone’s has said since Moshiri has come but I still don’t see it. Words that mean nothing at the moment unless we back it up

He's certainly looked a different player under Pep, but Silva isn't Pep and I'd question his desire if he came here.

I can only see it turning out like Williams and Walcott where he'll get comfortable and put in minimal effort.

And actually unsellable.

I'm not being funny mate, but imagine if I'd suggested we sign him before any of the links?

I would have been destroyed by the usual suspects. But, now we're linked with him, people are acting like this is a shrewd bit of business
You're right it is underwhelming.

He was never going to be anybody's first choice. That's why he's probably not necessarily going to be Silva's first choice.

Gueye being sold will have a big impact on how people see this deal. If Gueye stays and it's obvious that Delph is just competing for a starting spot and we don't have to see Tom Davies for a while I think we could end up looking back on it fondly.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.