Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of newsnow.. BBC Sport ... Everton sign French midfielder! What have a missed... woman’s team... can’t leave your pc for a second!

Brace yourselves for an incoming bid from PSG for Gana g. I personally have been under the kitchen table crouched with hands over head.

Brace yourselves for an incoming bid from PSG for Gana g. I personally have been under the kitchen table crouched with hands over head.

Probably after the AFCON. I can’t believe that we didn’t guarantee him a move in January with true way he played for us in the second half of the season. Hopefully it’s good money, I think it opens up a lot of opportunities for us if we sell him.

I agree he doesn't have to be crucial to the team but as constructed he is. If you sell him and bring in someone like Fernandinho you probably have to change to a formation like City with no true #10 and two more box to box mids to cover since Gomes isn't much of a ball winner and the new DM wouldn't be able to make up for that like Gueye does. Which is my whole point really. Gueye isn't irreplaceable but to replace him we probably have to change the system and that isn't ideal when otherwise we may have finally found a degree of continuity.
Completely agreed

I agree he doesn't have to be crucial to the team but as constructed he is. If you sell him and bring in someone like Fernandinho you probably have to change to a formation like City with no true #10 and two more box to box mids to cover since Gomes isn't much of a ball winner and the new DM wouldn't be able to make up for that like Gueye does. Which is my whole point really. Gueye isn't irreplaceable but to replace him we probably have to change the system and that isn't ideal when otherwise we may have finally found a degree of continuity.
Or, buy a player like Gana for less money than we sold Gana for.

Or, buy a player like Gana for less money than we sold Gana for.
There are basically two of those that I know of. Kante so good luck and Ndidi who will cost more because he's 23. So doing what you say will require Brands to find someone who can do what Gana does but hasn't done it yet. That's not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.