Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour was that it had something to do with that Palace game that got called off - miscommunication lost the club money/something with the police, if I remember rightly
Remember that indosinian man that traveled over for that game tweeted from the ground just before the game was cancelled. Got to meet the team and was invited back to a later game.

People that don't think Delph wouldnt be a useful signing... baffling.
he is a squad player in one of the most dominant sides in football domestic football history, a strong character in a dressing room with some of the worlds best players, he is an england international that reached the world cup semi final, was captain and player of the year in his final year at Villa.
But clearly not good enough for a team that finished 8th?
Remember the same attitude when we signed Barry.

Why the disgust at us potentially signing Drinkwater or Delph out of interest?
Because they are both bang average and wouldn’t get in our team as it stands. And we aren’t anywhere near the top 4. Also both must be close to 30 I know Delph is.

Also Drinkwater hasn’t played in 2 years. Chelsea & city will want transfer fees and they will want decent wages. Doesn’t make sense at all. I thought we’d gone past throwing money away.

They shouldn't make Coleman captain if they can't also pick a team without that having an influence. Kenny is such a coin flip right now that he shouldn't prevent us from signing another RB. If he works out then we have a bit of a jam but Coleman is also the wrong side of 30. If he doesn't we have Coleman to back up whoever it is taking the position.

Captain should be someone who is an automatic starter because they're one of the best players in the squad already. The only options for me are Digne, Pickford and Gueye. I'd go Digne.
I’m not saying that the captain needs to start but I am saying they needs to be a captain in the team. Digne all though being the best player we have isn’t much of a leader on the field, Pickford even though he is vocal again I don’t think that qualifies you as a leader, and gueye rarely does anything but innocently smile and offer kind word other than what he can provide to the side.

Richarlison is a bit of a wildcard and not a good fit either, even Coleman can be quiet at times, Bernard is still learning the language and can’t communicate fully with everyone.

If anyone other than Coleman is to get it I’d have to say it would be either Gylfi who captained Swansea and Iceland numerous times or Gomes who know both English and Portuguese allowing him to be able to reach the full locker room and is a prime example of the type of player that Everton strive to build on.

People that don't think Delph wouldnt be a useful signing... baffling.
he is a squad player in one of the most dominant sides in football domestic football history, a strong character in a dressing room with some of the worlds best players, he is an england international that reached the world cup semi final, was captain and player of the year in his final year at Villa.
But clearly not good enough for a team that finished 8th?
Remember the same attitude when we signed Barry.
I’ve not seen many people saying he isn’t good enough, it’s that he’s injury prone and would demand massive wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.