Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Invariably the players wishes determine these things. Chelsea didn't want to lose Hazard or Courtois. Liverpool were the same with Suarez and Coutinho. United with Ronaldo. Us with Stones, Rom and Barkley. Southampton with VVD. In fact I Can't remember the last time the selling club has come out on top.

Usually the best thing the club can do is accept the situation and hold out for the best price.

The majority of the examples you’ve given ended up with the buying clubs paying a very good fee (Barkley aside). The difference here is that palace want much much more than arsenal are looking to pay.

The majority of the examples you’ve given ended up with the buying clubs paying a very good fee (Barkley aside). The difference here is that palace want much much more than arsenal are looking to pay.

Palace have boxed themselves into a bit of a corner with Zaha. They've made him a bit of a cult figure and over emphasised his importance. His record is ok, well it's good but arguably not even as good as Sigurdssons who we bought a couple of years older than Zaha for a figure most of us were unhappy with (more than the opening offer of Arsenals but not much).

The reality is, they don't get anywhere near the 80+ million they want for him on the open market, particularly if it's a German club involved. There's not enough end product there.

Difficult situation, he understandably feels they owe him a bit. They want mega money and I can't see anyone paying it. They'd be silly too.

Palace have boxed themselves into a bit of a corner with Zaha. They've made him a bit of a cult figure and over emphasised his importance. His record is ok, well it's good but arguably not even as good as Sigurdssons who we bought a couple of years older than Zaha for a figure most of us were unhappy with (more than the opening offer of Arsenals but not much).

The reality is, they don't get anywhere near the 80+ million they want for him on the open market, particularly if it's a German club involved. There's not enough end product there.

Difficult situation, he understandably feels they owe him a bit. They want mega money and I can't see anyone paying it. They'd be silly too.

I think he’s a fantastic player to be honest. He’s clearly not worth what palace are asking but he is worth more than £40m in today’s market.

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Lookman would be a good replacement for them.

I think he’s a fantastic player to be honest. He’s clearly not worth what palace are asking but he is worth more than £40m in today’s market.

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Lookman would be a good replacement for them.

I like Zaha, but the figures they want will mean they are not happy. Nobody is paying 80 million for him. I saw some of their fans wanted obscene money, some mentioned £150 million. He's a good player, who has flopped at a top team once before.

It it because us potato eating paddys can't talk proper? Did you know that there is no th sound in the Irish language and it's a difficult thing for us to say.. transfer window thread being put to good use.
If that’s the case shouldn’t it be “e transfer window tread”?

Invariably the players wishes determine these things. Chelsea didn't want to lose Hazard or Courtois. Liverpool were the same with Suarez and Coutinho. United with Ronaldo. Us with Stones, Rom and Barkley. Southampton with VVD. In fact I Can't remember the last time the selling club has come out on top.

Usually the best thing the club can do is accept the situation and hold out for the best price.

They all got the fees they wanted when the player had a long term contract, no way Palace are letting zaha go unless arsenal put up the cash, which apparently they don't have.

It's pretty difficult to predict transfers when you're not involved in the day to day dealings of the Premier League central transaction multiplex. Fortunately we have plenty of agents quite content with their incredible UK-based lifestyles who are prepared to pass on the good stuff to hardworking journalists slash television personas non gratas for a shorthand favour in kind.

Lol

Noticed earlier that he was listed with the under 23’s and not the first team on the OS.

Same with Callum Connolly, Anthony Robinson’s not in eaither squad. Dowell, Banigime and Joe Williams are listed with the first team.

Probably means nothing, could indicate which squad they will preseason with or that they are leaving, so no that clears up urrr nothing.

?? Doesnt matter, he is a player that will get zero playing time but is probably on £20-25k a week, thats another million saved over the year.

I like Zaha, but the figures they want will mean they are not happy. Nobody is paying 80 million for him. I saw some of their fans wanted obscene money, some mentioned £150 million. He's a good player, who has flopped at a top team once before.

Mate he's an outstanding player who pretty much carries Palace, is constantly targeted and marked by at least 2 players as he is so dangerous and is surrounded by lesser quality players. Yes he can improve his end product but when you have Benteke, Sorloth and Wickham you basically have to put it on a plate. He got 10 goals and 5 assists in a dreadful team who I think won about 5 games at home all season.

In this market he is definitely worth £80mill, plus dont forget that 25% goes to Utd so Palace would get £60mill.

So...

Hilton + Kiersey + Hewelt = Gone
Tosun linked to lazio
Galloway linked to luton
Robinson linked to a few clubs

+some posters linked our deadwood to palace

Missed anything?

They all got the fees they wanted when the player had a long term contract, no way Palace are letting zaha go unless arsenal put up the cash, which apparently they don't have.
We'll see. As I said, when the player wants out, they always come to a compromise. Zaha will get his way. It's just a question of the fee they agree on.

They'll hold out for the best price. It won't be close to the £80m being quoted imo but Zaha will go to Arsenal or somewhere else this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.