New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't trust blue Bill as far as I can throw him but to suggest a multi millionaire businessman, an accountant at that, is spending millions on a project so he can blag fellas that he tried but it wasn't to be is hilarious hahahahahahaha

I know. Moshiri being painted with the same brush as Bullshit Bill, is just silly. Let's wait and see. I'd give him a couple more years before offering a considered opinion.

I don't trust blue Bill as far as I can throw him but to suggest a multi millionaire businessman, an accountant at that, is spending millions on a project so he can blag fellas that he tried but it wasn't to be is hilarious hahahahahahaha
That's not what's being claimed is happening.

The stadium bid is real. If someone gets the funds for it maybe it happens. But it's another wing and a prayer.

Two and a half years since Everton declared the site as the one they wanted, we have no evidence of funding for it, and permission to build is a long long way off.

That's not what's being claimed is happening.

The stadium bid is real. If someone gets the funds for it maybe it happens. But it's another wing and a prayer.

Two and a half years since Everton declared the site as the one they wanted, we have no evidence of funding for it, and permission to build is a long long way off.

Agreed, still we are a long way away from the days of Bill claiming Goodison was falling down, pogo sticks for fans to hop up to the ground and 1 giant fan bubble bus stop shelter for Destination Kirkby with complimentary batman lights.

and so it begins....
@SerenityNigh
tbh, mate Im not bothered what World Heritage say, its a self appointed talkfest that pushes somebodies wish list of what 'ought' to be done and...see their charter, it uses this word alot...'encourages' local bodies to maintain, ensure and all those other words that actually mean You pay for it, because WH won't contribute one brass wazoo.
Where were they when the docks were abandoned, deserted and decaying? Absolutely 'kin no where...oh yeah but they did ' advise and encourage' a near bankrupt council to 'do something about it'

@SerenityNigh
tbh, mate Im not bothered what World Heritage say, its a self appointed talkfest that pushes somebodies wish list of what 'ought' to be done and...see their charter, it uses this word alot...'encourages' local bodies to maintain, ensure and all those other words that actually mean You pay for it, because WH won't contribute one brass wazoo.
Where were they when the docks were abandoned, deserted and decaying? Absolutely 'kin no where...oh yeah but they did ' advise and encourage' a near bankrupt council to 'do something about it'

It's the first signs of the thing falling apart

And so are you, who told you it was all off then ? Saddens me to see some Evertonians reacting with so much glee that something that could be so good for Everton, possibly fail. Take a bow, we know your views and most of us don't agree with them.
Well , you are right some are Evertonians, but some........

Can anyone explain to me what the big deal is about UNESCO? Is it just one of these empty awards that people can bang on about that frankly gives the business and academic sector snobs something to boast about?

If it's a tourist thing... people will come here regardless.

Can anyone explain to me what the big deal is about UNESCO? Is it just one of these empty awards that people can bang on about that frankly gives the business and academic sector snobs something to boast about?

If it's a tourist thing... people will come here regardless.

Thats pretty much what it boils down to. Like a lot of that stuff, it/they are full of good intentions, but over the years they morph into judge jury and executioner on all things "Old and important".

Like I dont know if they grade sites that have UNESCO status, but if not, them abandoned and rotting docks have the same prestige and protection as Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids. Which to me seems a bit absurd.

Thats pretty much what it boils down to. Like a lot of that stuff, it/they are full of good intentions, but over the years they morph into judge jury and executioner on all things "Old and important".

Like I dont know if they grade sites that have UNESCO status, but if not, them abandoned and rotting docks have the same prestige and protection as Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids. Which to me seems a bit absurd.

Will the proposed ground interfere with the view of the sewage works, right next to it. It's something that UNESCO should really poke their noses into. Sod the jobs created the area turning from a slum into an iconic stadium.

Will the proposed ground interfere with the view of the sewage works, right next to it. It's something that UNESCO should really poke their noses into. Sod the jobs created the area turning from a slum into an iconic stadium.

I have no idea mate. I get the impression that this area of the docks kinda got UNESCO status almost by accident, as in the famous Liverpool vista is worth protection, and by default, the rest of the docks were lumped in with it.

That said, I am far from a UNESCO expert. It may well be that they granted protection to keep their influence over future development, hence them having meetings and stuff now.