New Everton Stadium Discussion

He spke to the Guardian a month or so back about Liverpool projects - no mention of Everton then either.

Draw your own conclusions.

Okay then, I will. I think Everton FC have a better offer than LCC and Anderson has got the hump. That's a measure of the man. He's the kind of half wit, no mark, no talent local politician who has been doing down this fair city for decades. I attended a meeting about King's Dock way back when and he was dead against it. Why? Probably because the Labour Party were in opposition at the time and he hated the idea of the Libs getting the praise for bringing it off. Probably would have meant some of the dead beats who lived in his ward at the time might have had to get off their arses and get a job working there too, I suspect.

Okay then, I will. I think Everton FC have a better offer than LCC and Anderson has got the hump. That's a measure of the man. He's the kind of half wit, no mark, no talent local politician who has been doing down this fair city for decades. I attended a meeting about King's Dock way back when and he was dead against it. Why? Probably because the Labour Party were in opposition at the time and he hated the idea of the Libs getting the praise for bringing it off. Probably would have meant some of the dead beats who lived in his ward at the time might have had to get off their arses and get a job working there too, I suspect.

Said something similar above, must have had / found a more attractive offer elsewhere, otherwise why move away from the council offers.

We cant do this without LCC. It's nice to vent about Anderson, but if he's now running silent on this it's not a great sign. I say 'if' on the basis of the last few public pronouncements on the council's agenda for redevelopment, btw.

This time last year you couldn't shut that mess up about BMD; now he's running shy of the issue.

*Foreboding*.
Or... the money spinning loan deal he thought he’d sorted has been eschewed by the club and he doesn’t want to draw attention to it.

Or the club have had a quiet word and, as you so charmingly put it “shut that mess up”

Or... the money spinning loan deal he thought he’d sorted has been eschewed by the club and he doesn’t want to draw attention to it.

Or the club have had a quiet word and, as you do charmingly put it “shut that mess up”

Well, last word on that from the club was that private investment was still "challenging".....

and so it begins....

The organisation said the city was failing to address concerns about overdevelopment

Overdevelopment? Seriously? Christ we are looking to build a stadium next to a sewage works along a stretch of river which has been abandoned for decades. Personally, I would kick UNESCO into touch. That piece of paper just ain't worth it. It's just being used to hold this area back and give Manchester an advantage.

The more this is dragging on the more I think Moshiri is Jeremy Beadle.

How can this be construed as Moshiri's fault ? To put the amount of money, preparation and planning into something of this size and nature, he must have had cast iron assurances from Anderson and the council that this would go through. If it is stopped Anderson could have one hell of a law suit against him in my opinion.