2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this, Baines should not be our back up option for Digne this season. But Silva has called it and you are 100% in the Silva camp, so I guess we need to get behind his decisions and stop pretending we know better.
I support Silva but dont give him a blank cheque.

Good interview on the site talking about making people feel at home and how that makes it easier to get people in.

After the toxic atmosphere that has hung around the place since Martinez season 2, it’s a nice change.

Nice read about the king.. Brands not davek
Yes, a measured assessment: "Clubs don’t acquire the image of their sporting director within two years, so it’s much too early to proclaim Brands’ time at Everton as anything substantial."

Pretty much what I've said too.

Maybe we'll see that reflected on this thread.

Koeman lost that cash. He wasted it. Never let it be forgotten.

He signed Keane and Pickford, we could double our outlay on them both if we sold them. Gylfi was also a good purchase, Gana was an excellent purchase.

We made a loss on Klaassen, Martina cost little, Sandro was a free but high wages. Rooney was sold at a profit.

Williams was ok for a season, Bolasie was decent until his injury so can’t blame him for that, Schneiderlin was decent value for the money.

Sandro remains his “Niasse” moment, apart from that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as made out in the market, his mistake was lack of cohesion with his purchases and too many players for similar positions.

He signed Keane and Pickford, we could double our outlay on them both if we sold them. Gylfi was also a good purchase, Gana was an excellent purchase.

We made a loss on Klaassen, Martina cost little, Sandro was a free but high wages. Rooney was sold at a profit.

Williams was ok for a season, Bolasie was decent until his injury so can’t blame him for that, Schneiderlin was decent value for the money.

Sandro remains his “Niasse” moment, apart from that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as made out in the market, his mistake was lack of cohesion with his purchases and too many players for similar positions.
That's a staggeringly positive appraisal of an absolutely shambolic period of transfer activity for the club.

lol lol lol yes it was. He built the worst Everton team I’ve ever seen. Bolasie was garbage his entire career and he spent £30m on him.

Ok, but now tell me which part of it isn’t true please?
Well we didn't make a profit on Rooney so we can start there.

The rest of it is down to opinion really. You have yours and every other sentient being in the world has a different one. They're both equally valid.

Keane and Pickford double? Not sure about that. Good buys, but neither are walking into most of the top 6 sides.
Gylfi? I love the player, but we paid a lot of money for him and there is not going to be any sort of resale value.
Gana? Amazing buy. No question.
Klaassen? Made a loss for a reason, it was a terrible purchase.
Sandro? Was not a free, is on massive wages, and we are going to have trouble moving him.
Rooney? We didn't sell him for a profit, he didn't cost United a thing and was 10M for us. We were lucky to find someone to take on his salary.
Williams? Was indeed okay for a season.
Bolasie? Did get hurt, still a massive overpay, no one was bidding against us.
Schneiderlin? Okay player, but cost 20M and is making huge wages.
Tosun? We will make a loss, not good enough.
Walcott? We will make a loss, not good enough, on massive wages?
Onyenkuru? We will make a profit, no problem with the signing.
Vlasic? Made a profit, have a sell-on, good value signing.
Lookman? We will make a profit, decent player, good value signing.

BUT AGAIN, these are all deals in isolation. Collective we had no plan and ended up with a lot of bits and pieces and a poor squad.

I seriously don't think some here realize just how bad that team was 2 years ago. It was TERRIBLE.

Keane and Pickford double? Not sure about that. Good buys, but neither are walking into most of the top 6 sides.
Gylfi? I love the player, but we paid a lot of money for him and there is not going to be any sort of resale value.
Gana? Amazing buy. No question.
Klaassen? Made a loss for a reason, it was a terrible purchase.
Sandro? Was not a free, is on massive wages, and we are going to have trouble moving him.
Rooney? We didn't sell him for a profit, he didn't cost United a thing and was 10M for us. We were lucky to find someone to take on his salary.
Williams? Was indeed okay for a season.
Bolasie? Did get hurt, still a massive overpay, no one was bidding against us.
Schneiderlin? Okay player, but cost 20M and is making huge wages.
Tosun? We will make a loss, not good enough.
Walcott? We will make a loss, not good enough, on massive wages?
Onyenkuru? We will make a profit, no problem with the signing.
Vlasic? Made a profit, have a sell-on, good value signing.
Lookman? We will make a profit, decent player, good value signing.

BUT AGAIN, these are all deals in isolation. Collective we had no plan and ended up with a lot of bits and pieces and a poor squad.

I seriously don't think some here realize just how bad that team was 2 years ago. It was TERRIBLE.

He didn’t sign Walcott or Tosun

I stand corrected on Rooney, thought we sold him for a fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.