2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? He's signed a reserve GK, and re-signed a veteran LB and a first team player from last season.

End of June and f.a. done of any note.

Same old Everton.
Almost a full month before the 1st signing of last summer's window.

Thankfully not the same old Everton.

We absolutely were in trouble. After the drubbing away to Southampton I thought we would be relegated.
That was like 3 months earlier though to be fair. I’m no allardyce fan by a long shot, but anyone who thought we were going down after those first 3/4 games (and West Ham) was just in Everton that mode, not the real world.

The hardest part of his job will be the getting rid of the crap we have.
...exactly, and what's he done there? Loaned out a decent RB and let go on a free two first team squad players....as they were out of contract anyway.

The hardest part of his job will be the getting rid of the crap we have.
Every club has crap mate.
Man utd are in a worse state than us .( that is a statement in itself)
I'm not overly concerned tbh , it is what it is.
Most will be shipped out , be it either sold or on loan and make no mistake theres ALWAYS clubs daft enough to take them.

I'm only concerned with the players recruited by this management team.
The rest will take care of itself.

I agree, but I'm reading that "Brands has done itn again, lads...what a star...blah blah blah".

WTF has he done so far? Nothing.

You don't think £22m is good business for Gomes? I mean agreed we are buying him and Zouma(if) to basically stand still but it adds continuity and more chnce we can pick up where we left off.

You don't think £22m is good business for Gomes? I mean agreed we are buying him and Zouma(if) to basically stand still but it adds continuity and more chnce we can pick up where we left off.
It is good business, yes. I said that at the time this was done a week ago. But we had him and the deal must have been in the making all last season.

We need other targets in now.

I'm not saying in relation to other clubs we're slacking atm, just wondering where the adulation is coming from. Unearned for me.

It is good business, yes. I said that at the time this was done a week ago. But we had him and the deal must have been in the making all last season.

We need other targets in now.

I'm not saying in relation to other clubs we're slacking atm, just wondering where the adulation is comong from. Unearned for me.

I think people are appreciating the fact he seems to be getting value for money and not taken to the cleaners like walsh. To me, looks like he knows what he's doing.

Every club has crap mate.
Man utd are in a worse state than us .( that is a statement in itself)
I'm not overly concerned tbh , it is what it is.
Most will be shipped out , be it either sold or on loan and make no mistake theres ALWAYS clubs daft enough to take them.

I'm only concerned with the players recruited by this management team.
The rest will take care of itself.

To be fair mate I’m not overly arsed what other clubs have.

And my comment wasn’t a slate on Brands. I just feel that will be his hardest task here.

For me to get rid of people like Mirallas, Sandro, Bolasie on permanent deals is just as important as bringing in good players. And is probably a lot harder.

To be fair mate I’m not overly arsed what other clubs have.

And my comment wasn’t a slate on Brands. I just feel that will be his hardest task here.

For me to get rid of people like Mirallas, Sandro, Bolasie on permanent deals is just as important as bringing in good players. And is probably a lot harder.
If they cant get them out the door on a perm just keep loaning them,
As I said there's always takers , point I'm making is they are costly mistakes we have to live with , but we aint the only club .
Anyways none of them will ever be anywhere near the 1st team , so I'm very happy about that.
Where they end up I'm not arsed.

...exactly, and what's he done there? Loaned out a decent RB and let go on a free two first team squad players....as they were out of contract anyway.

that's true, but it just looks quicker and more decisive than before.
To be fair, we have to judge him on Walcott, Besic, McCarthy, Tosun, Niasse, Schneiderlin, Stek as well as for different reasons, Holgate, Dowell, Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.