2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm impressed with him so far, seems like he goes about his business with a clear plan in his mind. I won't be lauding him as our saviour just yet as he hasn't been in the role all that long but he's got us heading in the right direction and I've stupidly allowed a little bit of optimism to sneak in where Everton are concerned.

If only we had him in at the beginning of Moshiri's ownership. Still a long way to go like I say but the signs are good.

Yep thats my opinion aswell, im not at hero worship level as others are but it feels like we have a plan with him in charge - long may it continue.

that's true, but it just looks quicker and more decisive than before.
To be fair, we have to judge him on Walcott, Besic, McCarthy, Tosun, Niasse, Schneiderlin, Stek as well as for different reasons, Holgate, Dowell, Lookman
All of whom can fetch a fee. He can only be judged harshly on the sale of players to this point.

To be fair Dave, he could build a flux-capacitor, go back to 1958 with Doc Brown and sign Pele for a fiver and you'd still give him a hard time
I give credit where due.

If he starts selling decent players for decent fees it'll be far more impressive than buying players. Buying is the easy part of the job.

The feller has no pedigree of selling average players for fees. If he fails again for the third window running this summer, I think we can take it for granted he can only do one side of that job.

Vlasic could of got more for him, wasn't he playing in the cl for them.

Gomes at 22m us a good deal but needs to work on his consistency and stamina, shouldn't need to be rested during pl games next season.

The problem is the spending has to be controlled now or your looking at problems in the future and ffp comes into play when we are back in Europe.

What does that have to do with anything?

I give credit where due.

If he starts selling decent players for decent fees it'll be far more impressive than buying players. Buying is the easy part of the job.

The feller has no pedigree of selling average players for fees. If he fails again for the third window running this summer, I think we can take it for granted he can only do one side of that job.
lol lol lol lol

HES A FRAUD COS HE CANT SELL ICE TO ESKIMOES

I know what happened mate, but I also recall how I felt at the time, I feared for us, I really did, we were utterly stinking and sinking.

Hindsight tells me I worried for nothing, but im honestly not somebody who gets concerned easily and I was VERY concerned.

absolutely. a team devoid of ALL confidence is not a good prospect to have. and we had ZERO confidence at that point

I give credit where due.

nice about turn dave …

oh

my

daze

*face-palms

Jeez Dave, cut the guy some slack. At least he’s not stupid enough to splash £50 million on a one-footed unproven Crystal Palace full back who’s had one half-decent season. Compared to the last 5 years or so, we are finally seeing some financial competence from the management.

Status
Not open for further replies.