2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d see if Celtic or rangers would take him for free for next season. See if he can build some confidence playing for a dominant team in a league where the defenders aren’t great.
His confidence is in tatters. Granted he's a young lad but he hasn't scored a single goal in a season and a half back in his native league.

I think Everton broke him...

His confidence is in tatters. Granted he's a young lad but he hasn't scored a single goal in a season and a half back in his native league.

I think Everton broke him...

How about a list of players we have broken?

Loads in recent years:
Klassen
Rooney (Mostly his fault)
Ramirez
Tosun (i know hes not brilliant, but high scoring in his home league to anonymity)
Beattie and Johnson - dream strike force who did nothing after coming here

It could be more like a list of all the mediocrity

Was worth a gamble because of the low transfer fee, then we balls the gamble up by paying him massive wages.
I’m now mainly against ‘free’ transfers for this reason. You normally have to pay more in wages to ‘make up’ for the lack of transfer fee, but if they don’t work out then you’re stuck with a player on a fortune who no one will go anywhere near.

I’m now mainly against ‘free’ transfers for this reason. You normally have to pay more in wages to ‘make up’ for the lack of transfer fee, but if they don’t work out then you’re stuck with a player on a fortune who no one will go anywhere near.

Yeah that's the thing mate, people say X didn't cost us anything, but they don't take into consideration the amount of wages we have to fork out. It's like Bernard, people say "we got him on a free transfer" but don't take into account the massive signing on fee we had to give him, and making him one of our highest wage earners, thankfully (up to now) Bernard is looking worth it, as long as he can now start adding goals to his all round play.

Some work done don’t, Bernard being an example of one that worked.

Sandro was just one of the ones that didn’t.

Yeah that's the thing mate, people say X didn't cost us anything, but they don't take into consideration the amount of wages we have to fork out. It's like Bernard, people say "we got him on a free transfer" but don't take into account the massive signing on fee we had to give him, and making him one of our highest wage earners, thankfully (up to now) Bernard is looking worth it, as long as he can now start adding goals to his all round play.
I think the way forward with free transfers would be to offer a big signing on bonus and give them a salary in line with their ability compared to the rest of the squad. Man U have had a disaster paying Sanchez £400k a week as now everyone else wants a slice of that pie.

Thankfully Bernard has worked out well and by all accounts whilst he’s on big money, it’s not destroy your wage structure big money.

He came through the Barca youth setup and made appearances for the youth team, represented Spain at every level up to U21 and scored 14 league goals in a season for a relatively small team in La Liga.

So he’s probably not CRAP, eh?
And has done absolutely nothing since.

Football fans are very quick to bin a player when he doesn't perform. They have no concept or understanding of what else could be going on in a players life.

When a 21 yr old moves abroad abroad nd doesn't speak the language, he can quickly become isolated and alone. I remember Sandro posted a pic on social media early into his Everton career. He was injured and was wishing the team well. The picture was his foot in bandage, in the background was his modest looking flat, with a TV showing the game. The place look sparse and devoid of home comforts. He was living alone in new surroundings without friends or family, his move probably wasn't going to plan...he was seeking reassurances and he got a load of responses slanging off the small size of his tv and his crappy furniture.

Who knows what has gone through his head over the last two seasons.

The club made a huge error offering him such a large salary. And unfortunately he has proven to be a bad investment. But nobody ever seems to consider the external factors foreign players face coming to the PL.

He came through the Barca youth setup and made appearances for the youth team, represented Spain at every level up to U21 and scored 14 league goals in a season for a relatively small team in La Liga.

So he’s probably not CRAP, eh?
Just realised I wrote youth team when I meant first team.

Fairly major difference

Football fans are very quick to bin a player when he doesn't perform. They have no concept or understanding of what else could be going on in a players life.

When a 21 yr old moves abroad abroad nd doesn't speak the language, he can quickly become isolated and alone. I remember Sandro posted a pic on social media early into his Everton career. He was injured and was wishing the team well. The picture was his foot in bandage, in the background was his modest looking flat, with a TV showing the game. The place look sparse and devoid of home comforts. He was living alone in new surroundings without friends or family, his move probably wasn't going to plan...he was seeking reassurances and he got a load of responses slanging off the small size of his tv and his crappy furniture.

Who knows what has gone through his head over the last two seasons.

The club made a huge error offering him such a large salary. And unfortunately he has proven to be a bad investment. But nobody ever seems to consider the external factors foreign players face coming to the PL.

One of my mates used to go to a shisha place in town the season we bought him. Said sandro was never out of the place. Said he got talking to him one day and he said joining everton was the biggest mistake of his life and he Liverpool.

Now I'm not having a go at the lad but what I am saying is it might of been hard for him moving here. That in turn may of affected his confidence or his training and well it's been a downward spiral ever since hasn't it.

Hard to have sympathy when he earns more in a year than ive earnt in my lifetime doing a crap job. I know mental health can effect anyone but still, to us hes living the dream

Status
Not open for further replies.