Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Apart from that isn't reality is it because Moshiri has converted his loans into equity, one of the many thing you are wrongfully calling him out on.

You sir are a joke, a man who makes up lies to attack our club and not only expects to get away with these untruths but demands to be believed. You purposefully derail every thread with outlandish accusations. Do everyone on this forum a favour and please go away till you can stop with the lying and deception.

It's also very noticeable how you stay away from this forum when everton are doing well but when we are doing badly you seem to spend every waking minute on here.

Or is he, perhaps a man who has looked behind the murky curtain that Moshiri has put up and is not liking what he sees?

Hes concerned about everton and a lick of paint here and there and loads of grand promises backed up with, after three and a half years, virtually zero progress is worrying

I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).
when Neiler says that Moshiri could change the nature of Everton's debt and look for repayment... repayment from whom ?.
He owns nearly 80% of the club and the real money to be made is in the capital gain to be made if he can make the club a big player again.
It has been pointed out repeatedly that the new ground is crucial for the club to progress on the field but also in terms of value.

If Moshiri were to try and sell the club at present I think he would probably lose money.
If he lands the club with extra debt then it probably would halt the development of the new ground... Moshiri is left with an asset crippled with debt , an aging stadium....Moshiri will certainly be lucky to get his investment back if he can find a bank to take on the loan.

There are two big prizes here, the first is the capital gain to be had from developing a new ground and making the club successful again... there are potential gains of hundreds of millions if we look at the value of the top clubs in the Premiership.

There will also be additional opportunities as the city is developed and money is poured into the docklands.

I think we also need to understand that Moshiri is associated with people who have incredibly deep pockets.

Only thing you can criticise is his daft comments/managerial appointments.

Had he gone for a top manager like Mourinho/Conte/Allegri heck even a Mancini the money wasted by clowns like Koeman/Alladyce would have had us in the top 6 imo.

Now we have an unknown novice in Silva who's currently 50/50 in my eyes.

He's been fantastic for us regarding player investment and the stadium which WILL go ahead.

Or is he, perhaps a man who has looked behind the murky curtain that Moshiri has put up and is not liking what he sees?

Hes concerned about everton and a lick of paint here and there and loads of grand promises backed up with, after three and a half years, virtually zero progress is worrying
Hes really concerned is he why doesn't he go the match then and put a few quid into Everton like the majority of fans on here and support are team?.all davek does is gripe and moan about basically everything on a forum but has no ideas how to change the things he's dislikes .And please show me a billionaire who hasent done anything shady? There isn't one but we could always go back to signing Scott gemill and John spencer on loan under cuddly bill .

when Neiler says that Moshiri could change the nature of Everton's debt and look for repayment... repayment from whom ?.
He owns nearly 80% of the club and the real money to be made is in the capital gain to be made if he can make the club a big player again.
It has been pointed out repeatedly that the new ground is crucial for the club to progress on the field but also in terms of value.

If Moshiri were to try and sell the club at present I think he would probably lose money.
If he lands the club with extra debt then it probably would halt the development of the new ground... Moshiri is left with an asset crippled with debt , an aging stadium....Moshiri will certainly be lucky to get his investment back if he can find a bank to take on the loan.

There are two big prizes here, the first is the capital gain to be had from developing a new ground and making the club successful again... there are potential gains of hundreds of millions if we look at the value of the top clubs in the Premiership.

There will also be additional opportunities as the city is developed and money is poured into the docklands.

I think we also need to understand that Moshiri is associated with people who have incredibly deep pockets.

I didnt say he will, i said theoretically he could. Its likely an insurance policy, the fattening of the pig thing hasn't worked (yet) and it begs the question do you stick or twist when you ploughed 250mill into it already. With the investment he has made the team and progression of the pitch has remained static after his 250 mill investment. He has created options to protect hismelf, its why hes paid a pretty penny to get 75%, he had controlling interest anyway. He is protecting his own personal fortune, investment and interest.

You are right when you say, his approach is to or was to grow the value of the club, by 1) enabling success, 2) adding value by infrastructure. Plan A if you like. Problem with plan A thus far is it hasnt worked and continues to need to be funded desperately and funding it has led to a a lot of letting of Evertons life blood. 250 mill in loans later, the club position is still static, albeit 1 season in Europe that is vital to the model.

The problem is the blood letting to get to where we are now. Disregarding the specture of whether he will or will not call in his debt, despite that investment, we still have a squad still in need of investment, a business that cant support its increased wage bill, we have increased external debt with Stantander and ICBC on the clubs books, a stadium without a funding model that needs internal and external funding and a business that cant sustain itself without being drip fed with almost zero cash flow about to post an operating loss of about 71 mill. We are living way beyond our means.

All of these things arent good for the welfare of Everton in my opinion or for the long term progression of the club. This is where we are today. Without a penny being spent. The club as a business is in a very poor state.

Its pretty simple our only access to money, is Moshiri puts another significant chunk of money in, we sell assets or we take on debt, or we look for outside investment.

Last edited:

He no doubt sees the stadium development as the key to his fortunes here. If it happens, as you say, it'll add value to his investment. However, if it doesn't, he has now insured he'll be in a position to demand his investment back. The move from unsecured loans to secured only makes sense in relation to the fate of the stadium scheme. That's how I would read the move to 75% shareholding, and I think @Neiler and possibly the Esk do too.

All in all, it's naive to see people like Moshiri as anything other the next Gregg/Earl: speculating by buying a large stake in the club and hoping a stadium deal comes off (obvioulsy Moshiri's turn has coincided with more squad spending, though that also coincidess with much greater tv revenue and the enormous fees received for Stones/Lukaku).

We need to be on our guard.

He no doubt sees the stadium development as the key to his fortunes here. If it happens, as you say, it'll add value to his investment. However, if it doesn't, he has now insured he'll be in a position to demand his investment back. The move from unsecured loans to secured only makes sense in relation to the fate of the stadium scheme. That's how I would read the move to 75% shareholding, and I think @Neiler and possibly the Esk do too.

All in all, it's naive to see people like Moshiri as anything other the next Gregg/Earl: speculating by buying a large stake in the club and hoping a stadium deal comes off (obvioulsy Moshiri's turn has coincided with more squad spending, though that also coincidess with much greater tv revenue and the enormous fees received for Stones/Lukaku).

Dave.
I don't think there is a single owner in the Premiership who are there for anything other than profit.(Man City may be an exception but only because they have so much money the football investment is a drop in the ocean)
I think Moshiri has seen from the investment that he and Usmanov had in Arsenal the kind of money that can be gained and that undoubtedly is his aim.

Football is different now, the idea of a family club is gone, the fans are customers, the players are assets and profit is the goal.

Dave.
I don't think there is a single owner in the Premiership who are there for anything other than profit.(Man City may be an exception but only because they have so much money the football investment is a drop in the ocean)
I think Moshiri has seen from the investment that he and Usmanov had in Arsenal the kind of money that can be gained and that undoubtedly is his aim.

Football is different now, the idea of a family club is gone, the fans are customers, the players are assets and profit is the goal.
Your bottom line is the crux of it though (and the subject of the last Esk blog). We act like a club instead of a corporate body. We employ second and third raters, and that's why a multitude of poor financial decisions are made.

The way I see it mate anything the esk fella says you can take it the opposite is the case, what is funny is the way the esk has turned gangster on Moshiri.

You're wrong. The Echo are wrong. What a surprise.

Haha we're not though are we. You see most news papers have to do research and due diligence before they print stuff. They can't just go round spreading lies and roumors as if it were fact. You know like you do and you are proven wrong time and time again.

I don't care if you've just found the esk Twitter account and decided to use it as more ammunition against the club. A fool passing off false information that he read off Twitter by another fool who's ideas come half from near facts and the other half from guesses.

I didnt say he will, i said theoretically he could. Its likely an insurance policy, the fattening of the pig thing hasn't worked (yet) and it begs the question do you stick or twist when you ploughed 250mill into it already. With the investment he has made the team and progression of the pitch has remained static after his 250 mill investment. He has created options to protect hismelf, its why hes paid a pretty penny to get 75%, he had controlling interest anyway. He is protecting his own personal fortune, investment and interest.

You are right when you say, his approach is to or was to grow the value of the club, by 1) enabling success, 2) adding value by infrastructure. Plan A if you like. Problem with plan A thus far is it hasnt worked and continues to need to be funded desperately and funding it has led to a a lot of letting of Evertons life blood. 250 mill in loans later, the club position is still static, albeit 1 season in Europe that is vital to the model.

The problem is the blood letting to get to where we are now. Disregarding the specture of whether he will or will not call in his debt, despite that investment, we still have a squad still in need of investment, a business that cant support its increased wage bill, we have increased external debt with Stantander and ICBC on the clubs books, a stadium without a funding model that needs internal and external funding and a business that cant sustain itself without being drip fed with almost zero cash flow about to post an operating loss of about 71 mill. We are living way beyond our means.

All of these things arent good for the welfare of Everton in my opinion or for the long term progression of the club. This is where we are today. Without a penny being spent. The club as a business is in a very poor state.

Its pretty simple our only access to money, is Moshiri puts another significant chunk of money in, we sell assets or we take on debt, or we look for outside investment.

Excellent post, how can we fund a new stadium when over 80% of our turnover is spent on wages. The next set of accounts are not going to be pretty viewing

There have been mistakes made by Moshiri nobody will deny this but he has taken steps to fix his mistakes.

It depends what you mean by progress and how much can he progress the club. Much of the last 3 years has been trying to undo the mess of the previous regime. Trying to bring our sponsorships into a competitive market, we've had to wait till previous deals exspiered to do that. Bringing actual structure to the club with positions and responsibility being placed with those positions. Removing the CEO and replacing them, actually getting us a new football stadium, making us competitive in the transfer market, going out and getting one of the best dof in the world, getting a top up and coming manager, investing over £250 million of his own money and converting it into equity (No matter if other people lie and say it's not).

It's taken decades to get everton into the state Moshiri took this club over in give him more then 3 years to sort it out.

Let's get one thing straight about @davek he is a sad bitter man who has never forgiven Moshiri for bining off Martinez. That's where all this stems from, same reason he hates Baines. The only "evertonion" to hate Baines. Don't think he's chatting this wham because he cares about everton it's purely down to his sad little agenda.

The way I see it mate anything the esk fella says you can take it the opposite is the case, what is funny is the way the esk has turned gangster on Moshiri.
He hasn't. His targets are the people below him for the most part. On Moshiri, I think he just wonders out loud what the overall plan is, and sees a lot of drift. A legitimate response to what's happening, imo.