Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was superb today. 1st time I've seen a full 90 from him. His auld man was an absolute hero of mine growing up and he looks the part. Battering in free kicks on the left and right foot was particularly pleasing to see. Not many pros are equally as adept on both feet. Looks a real player. Like his da...

Ive seen a good few clips of him ahead of the u21 euros and read about him and seeing him today I can see why people are raving about him. People put off because they think he won’t be as good as his dad. His passing range looks great. Would love him at us.

Realistically we needed to score 65 goals last season for a CL spot. That means we needed to score 11 more goals, while giving up 7 less. I truly believe if we play defensively like we did during the last half of last season we will give up 7 less just by not giving up all of those early set piece goals as we struggled to mark. With that sorted, 11 more goals is not that hard to do with a top striker. If we bring in a top striker, I expect he will add another 7-8 goals. Bernard could score 2 more, and then we just would need 2 more from a CM like Gomes, and thats 11 without any other increases. I think just adding a top striker and Bernard and Gomes being more familiar with the playstyle could make up the entire difference, but adding a new RB, or a top new winger like Malcom as well could do the same. On paper, Champions league then doesnt seem out of reach. Paper is nice. I like paper.
I can’t disagree with that but the other factor is if the top 6 will start performing better as a whole too also putting in more goals and conceding less

You aren't going to want to hear this but Bernard did have 5 seasons and Ukraine and only managed 14. It isn't like he has shown at some point a prolific streak.

The workrate is great but he's playing wing not defensive midfield. We need more unless we want to go back to having Big Sam football.
Bernard also was hard pressed to be given appearances in over half the seasons games. Especially after the WC

I can’t disagree with that but the other factor is if the top 6 will start performing better as a whole too also putting in more goals and conceding less
True, it depends on the year. But thats a bit hard to predict, as some years a GD around +25 would get you 3rd, and other years 6th. Most years it easily gets you at least 5th, and I assume if we are picking up extra goals and conceding less, some of that will come against the 4th-6th teams, lowering their GD.

True, it depends on the year. But thats a bit hard to predict, as some years a GD around +25 would get you 3rd, and other years 6th. Most years it easily gets you at least 5th, and I assume if we are picking up extra goals and conceding less, some of that will come against the 4th-6th teams, lowering their GD.
I’m starting to like paper too :cheers:

Pardon my ignorance, but is a medical required to finalize the sale of Gomes, for whom the club already has medical data? Or is it an abbreviated medical?

Also, my apologies for asking you Bungs. Anyone can answer.

Medicals are mainly an insurance requirement. And he could very well have picked up any manner of injury in the 12 months or so since his last 1.

Medicals are mainly an insurance requirement. And he could very well have picked up any manner of injury in the 12 months or so since his last 1.

I guess I get that part, it's like an appraisal before refinancing your house, but surely the Everton medical staff would know if he had an injury (unless he picked it up on vacation)?

I guess I get that part, it's like an appraisal before refinancing your house, but surely the Everton medical staff would know if he had an injury (unless he picked it up on vacation)?

Almost certain most medicals are done independently, could be wrong like.

It forms the basis of contract talks. If hes got a minor knee issue we use that to lower his wage, if hes got a clean bill of health he uses that to get more money.

I dunno, im just speculating.

I know I read somewhere it was to do with insurance. I mean say we signed Coleman, we probably wouldnt be insured if something happened regarding his "broken leg" you know pre-existing injuries, like life insurance.

But I dont even know if its like that now. I mean broken legs was the end of your career, ACL, end of career, now they are back in 6 months.

I'd prefer someone with potential like Lookman or Onyekuru. Or to sign someone new and shift Richarlison back left if necessary.

Bolasie was terrible after his knee injury but it is fun to point out that his first season pre-injury he had the exact same goals and assists as Bernard did for all of last year and he got hurt in early December.

Yeah it’s fun and a bit pointless because one is good at playing football and the other isn’t.

Gomes is practically done, and we’re getting him at a real bargain price, but with some fierce add ons.
Zouma is 70-30 not going to happen, but we remain very interested, however we have 2 possible alternatives in mind if it doesn’t happen.
Brands is looking to bolster the front line. There was serious interest in Neres, but he’s walking away at the price quoted. Gaich is available but brands has other targets he wants to pursue first.
In midfield sosa is a done deal depending on the work permit but he’s seen as one for the future and won’t necessarily feature this season.
We are in advanced negotiations for a PSv right back. He will play understudy to Seamus this season with a view to taking over next.
Outgoings are proving difficult and it appears that more will be loaned than sold.

Possibly

That’s not a given at all.

A few of them have been regressing for some time now and collectively I’d say they won’t perform better right now.

I think they will be worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.