Qatar royal family seek to buy Premier League club - Everton mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

somuchfun

Player Valuation: £40m
from goal.com
EXCLUSIVE
By Greg Stobart

Qatar's uber-rich royal family are planning to purchase a Premier League club following their World Cup 2022 upset, Goal.com UK can reveal.

The Arab state's ruling Al Thani family, armed with in excess of £40 billion worth of assets, have discussed potential takeover targets including Everton, Newcastle and Tottenham as part of their plans to market the oil-rich nation to the global football audience.

Football-loving Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani has made it known to senior associates in Qatar's sovereign wealth fund that the acquisition of a Premier League club would be an ideal platform to market the first ever World Cup in the Middle East.

A source close to the discussions told Goal.com UK: "After being awarded the World Cup, the Qatari's want to maximise exposure by investing in a Premier League club.

"No firm plan of action has been put in place yet, but names that have come up include Tottenham, Newcastle and Everton - all of which they deem to be big enough for such an investment."

Ahh good old goal.com....! =)

I've always loved everything to do with Qatar, even the World Cup, if this happened...

Well, not a bad move, considering that Qatar is the powerhouse of Middle East football....

On a side note...Tottenham? Oi vei!!!!

I've always understood our club as one of the best takeover targets really, if one considers that a takeover of a club is basically the purchase of a brand, a tradition and a position. We have formidable assets there, i mean, if you consider that the fact City got taken over and invested in because they are a perfect counterweight to the current greats in Man U, and thereby opening up a big market. Now that the RS are bought and all, a perfect counterweight would be us, methinks. In terms of business and all. Not even mentioning a strong squad and manager, a solid economy which really could get a huge boost if we can expand stadium revenue - which is exactly something a takeover will do.

Buy Kenwrong out and rebuild Goodison! In the sky! In the shape of Mofro's hairdo! Surely the quataris can afford it. And if our new striker comes from the Quatari sunday league and is named muhammed al-hilal el qureshi, i won't mind at all, he'll still perform better than Saha!

OK , Fuk Wits ; Qatar ; Schmatar .

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN' IS ; Timmy goes home . Weet-Bix give hmi 60 Zillion to be their new Rep' in Outer Space . He sucks a thoughtful tooth for a second then thinks , " I KNOW !!!.... "

It WILL HAPPEN .

Stand on me .

Status
Not open for further replies.